Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark Engineering and Asset Solutions (EAS) provides a variety of architectural and engineering consulting services including energy management, capital project management and building commissioning for educational, cultural, government, healthcare, and private institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to assist clients in assuring that their assets are optimized and their costs appropriately managed. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition in the market place. You'll be working with a dynamic team with an impressive track record with $7 Billion in projects commissioned, $3 Billion in capital projects managed and over $400 million in energy savings. (www.aramarktechservices.com)
Senior Construction Project Manager manages projects from inception through design, bidding, construction, and closeout. This position is responsible to manage the work of Architects, Engineers, Builders, and other project consultants. It is this individual’s responsibility to ensure the requisite levels of non-resident and resident support from various technical support groups are scheduled and utilized in the support of capital projects. Will be expected to have responsibility for directly managing a capital project(s) as well as monitor projects’ cost and schedule to meet or exceed the expectations of the client.
Also acts as a liaison to the institution for Aramark and is responsible to collaborate with senior members of an institution to develop and implement strategic capital planning processes. This position values diversity by working effectively with people from different viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Preparation of comprehensive project budgets
- Extensive knowledge of project financial monitoring/tracking/reporting
- Acts as liaison with contracted architectural/engineering companies to ensure plan is being adhered to and needs met.
- Supervises selection of planners, architects, contractors and other professionals.
- Provides direction to consultants engaged in campus planning; develops and maintains complete set of design standards; reviews and updates to ensure standards meet expectations.
- Lead project managers and meet with users to determine needs and scope of work; monitors construction budgets.
- Reviews documents to ensure consistency with master plans, sector plans, programs, budgets and campus standards.
- Makes regular observations regarding the condition of campus facilities and infrastructure and recommends work orders and/or initiates improvement projects to ensure that buildings and capital assets remain in a state of good repair.
- Professional consultant contract administration
- Construction oversight responsibilities.
- Works with the Director and staff of Physical Plant to ensure smooth transitions for project phase to plant operations.
- Coordination of project close-out activities
- Maintains archival system including cataloging, scanning of documents into electronic format and checkout system.
- Manages and keeps up-to-date various building drawings and campus utility maps.
- Develops and maintains department administrative procedures and reports.
- Assists the leadership team of an institution as needed to prepare materials and conduct professional architectural presentations for various senior level meetings and board presentations
- Experience in a higher education environment required
- Minimum of 8-12 years of demonstrated, increased responsibility in providing leadership for a capital projects.
- Academic planning and scenario development experience
- Formal education in architecture, planning, engineering, or construction-related program is highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and expertise in working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
- Ability to assess/allocate personnel staffing needs across a variety of project types
- Ability to establish priority needs in order to provide a high level of service
- Must be an effective communicator, written and oral, capable of addressing large audiences including board and cabinet members; faculty, staff and students; professional constituents and the general public.
- Exceptional judgment, integrity and discretion, and demonstrated ability to manage staff, think strategically, and delivery tactically.