Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: Position will be responsible for serving as the technical expert to the S&RC department and the organization concerning food safety exposures. Individual will support Safety & Risk Control to identify current state in the area of food safety and develop and execute Aramark policies, programs and standards on a global basis to reduce risk. Individual will be responsible for leading the development of strategic and tactical plans to drive continuous improvement and minimize exposure in the area of compliance as it relates to food safety from farm to fork.
- Develop, implement and monitor training programs associated with food safety and determine the appropriate delivery model and process measurements.
- Support the development of Aramark’s food safety standards, procedures, enabling tools and training programs.
- Build solid cross-functional relationships and assist with the development of strategic training plans.
- Support the management of 3rd party food safety audit program for the organization
- Support and/or present to LOB Leadership on status of food safety compliance and recommendations for improvement.
- Work with the Lines of Business to provide food safety support and assist the food safety team with alleged foodborne illness outbreaks, resolution of notices of violations, or other food safety matters.
- Integrate and work with Supply Chain in implementing vendor/supplier approval & control processes to include capture of supplier non-conformances and supplier performance review, food safety standards for incoming products to include micro criteria
- Provide on-site/field technical support, if required, and assist foodservice accounts during any alleged complaints, health inspections, and resolution of violations, citations, etc.
- Interact with both the internal and external Food Safety communities, building strong relationships with local Departments of Health and other groups relevant to food safety and identify opportunities to externally present Aramark’s food safety program.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, microbiology, food science or other food related field. A degree in instructional design, adult education, or a related field is desirable.
- 7 to 10 years professional experience in food safety required. Experience in management systems or certified food safety professional designation preferred.
- Experience using instructional methods and training techniques, including curriculum design principles, and blended learning strategies.
- Experience must include leading and managing a staff of professionals through major organizational change initiatives and driving results through use of internal and external (3rd party) resources.
- Diverse background/experience in addressing all types of food safety exposures and a proven track record of developing and implementing sound food safety management programs.
- A strong understanding of food safety best practices (i.e., FDA Food Code) and Department of Health and local food safety regulations is also required.
- Knowledgeable of ISO 22000 principles (to serve global clients) is desirable.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance programs (Six Sigma, ISO etc) is a plus.