Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Provides process expertise in the procurement, management, and maintenance of public and/or private network connections, and Data Circuits. Project manages installs, manages vendors, oversees procurement, controls spend. Performs technical analyses of software, hardware and websites various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations. Analyzes data to ensure proper assignment of charges.
From a telecom and wireline perspective, project manages centralized systems operational support, administration, installation and maintenance of complex enterprise-wide networks (e.g., telecommunications, LANs, WANs, distributed processing and client server operations). Coordinates with clients, development area management and staff, and vendors, the design and implementation of complex voice and/or data telecommunication projects which typically span multiple business functions and/or integrate both voice and data applications.
He/she will work with senior staff to evaluate and implement processes to ensure best pratices are being followed with respect to project inception and network circuit procurement, provisioning, TTU, switchover, and facilitation. He/she will assist in implementing, maintaining and recommending processes to improve the overall intake and support of that portion of the Global Network Services team. He/she will work with senior staff to document and update internal records and documentation. He/she will assist in creating and preparing reports for senor staff to demonstrate to management how processes can be altered and expected results from those changes.
- Aligned with Telecom Expense Manager (TEM), control, maintain, and manage 100% of Aramark’s operational demand for wireline and voice services.
- Develop enterprise MACD program for wireline services and in the future, mature the enterprise MACD program for wireless services
- Deliver solutions through disciplined project initiation and execution with a focus on Security, end user experience & cost.
- Partnering with TEM, focus on reduction of Aramark’s wireline spend by 27% over the next three years and continue to drive standardization across all wireline services.
- Assist with TEM’s drive for cost reductions by supporting operational aspects of invoice centralization such as bulk MACDs, RFPs, RFIs, etc.
- Collaborate with IT Field Infrastructure teams and Principle Architect to design, test and implement solutions that solve business problems and reduce operational costs.
- Ensure proper hand-off from installation to operations and provide oversight for ongoing maintenance of newly integrated systems.
- Interface with vendors on and expand the team’s visibility to order fulfillment, cost management, invoice processing and allocation for all wireline communication services.
- Drive operational execution to ensure project timelines are met by agreed upon due dates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively with core project team members, team leads and application/project owners.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, related to networking and data circuits including current and evolving technologies.
- Model and lead strong “Front Line First” service philosophy.
- Exemplify work efforts that fosters teamwork and builds relationships across multiple departments
- Typically requires 4-7 years of related IT Project management experience. T.E.M. experience a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent technical training.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates thorough understanding of requirement specification, design, structure, operation and testing of Data and voice circuit orders and turn up and procurement. Demonstrates proficiency with one or more technology environments, and the ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts efficiently. Plans, implements, documents, and maintains system components based on specifications. Serves as a resource to others providing proces and technical leadership in the area of Shared Netowrk Services.
- Industry Knowledge/Emerging Technologies: Builds and maintains strong working knowledge of project inception and management and the applications that support it. Develops a basic understanding of the network and circuit ordering industry. Has a solid understanding of how systems effect and benefit clients and timelines. Must be proficient in Carrier task portals ie., Business Direct, Verizon for Business, local carriers, etc.
- Communication and Client Interaction: Can produce documentation of a new or proposed system, methodology or structure. Effectively contributes to project plans and work output of the group. Shares knowledge effectively within the work team. Customizes presentations to the interests of the audience.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Analyzes systems and processes from end to end, assessing how information/systems are managed and used from multiple perspectives. Frequently enlisted to address complex cross-technology and cross platform issues. Evaluates the technical and economic feasibility of proposed solutions. Designs projects with broad implication for the business and/or the future architecture, successfully addressing cross-technology and cross-platform issues.
- Project Life Cycle Management: Acts as a technical advisor to project teams, providing special technical expertise. Strong experience with all phases of the project life cycle.