About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The lead utility worker oversees the sanitation operations at the location and coordinates timing of tasks to ensure their completion. The lead utility worker cross-trains employees in all utility positions including: dish washers, sanitation, table attendants, and beverage station workers.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversees care and cleaning of all floors, walls, baseboards, and equipment in the location (sweep, mop, vacuum, and buff)
- Oversees sanitation and cleanliness of table area (tables, chairs, windows, etc.)
- Oversees restocking of cups, straws, lids, napkin dispensers, salt and paper shakers, and any other supplies in the dining area or beverage station
- Oversees removal and proper disposal of waste in the location (including laundry and recycling)
- Oversees dish room to ensure timely and appropriate sanitization and storage of dishware and utensils
- Oversees cleaning and maintenance of restrooms (when applicable)
- Maintains organization, storage, and labeling of chemical products
- Responsible for enforcing uniform policy compliance of sanitation team members
- Accountable for meeting customer sanitation needs and service expectations
- Assists in ordering inventory and completion of weekly inventory counts
- Oversees receiving, unloading, and stocking of inventory shipments
- Maintain storage areas so that inventory is sequenced and products are easily accessible
- Cross-train employees in sanitation, beverage station, and dish room positions to assist in other areas as needed
- Assist with daily STEP observations and report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
Additional Job Functions:
- Assists management in development of weekly/monthly cleaning schedules
- Assists out in the front of the house when needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversight of sanitation workers, beverage associates, dining room attendants, and dish room staff.Qualifications:
- 3 years of experience in sanitation work or within Aramark
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Excellent customer service and focus on creating a positive dining experience
- The ability to read, write, and follow instructions
- High school education or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
Work Environment: Mostly back-of-house – stockroom, loading dock, dish room, and dining area. Work condition is inside of kitchen area/dish room and includes interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions. Job requires frequent heavy lifting, pushing, and pulling. Involves repetitive motion.