About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Pastry Prep Cook - Fenway Park
Job Summary: Prepares and portion food items in accordance with production requirements. Uses daily worksheets and standardized recipes to cook meals. Perform various duties in accordance with Aramark sanitation standards.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Pastry Cooks will be responsible for anything and everything related to the pastry world including but not limited to: Scooping and baking cookies, making ice creams and pastries, bread baking, measuring and scaling of all ingredients.
- Help the receivers put pastry orders away
- Keep a sanitary work environment including sweeping, mopping and scrubbing all floors and surfaces.
- Dishwashing is required on times when no utility is present or they need assistance.
- Assist in any task assigned: pastry or savory.
- Responsible for knowing methods of baking, cooking, and food preparation
- Bakes and otherwise prepares food according to recipes, brand standards, and health and safety regulations
- Must have basic knowledge of measurements for volume and weight of ingredients and food product
- Evaluate food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Set up and break down work stations
- Responsible for using correct portions when baking, preparing, and serving items
- Must be able to safely operate machinery and equipment
- Must be able to read, scale and follow recipes
- Must be able to understand and follow directions from the Manager/Supervisor
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, up to 6 hours
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 40 lbs
- Ability to push, pull, or carry up to 30 lbs
- Involves repetitive motion
- Involves working with chemicals, heated equipment, steam and at other risk conditions
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-train at other stations as required by your manager
- Work in other areas as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Ability to work event based hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have good time management skills the ability to multi-task
- Must be available to work overnights.
- Must have ServSafe Certification or be able to obtain ServSafe Certification during probationary period.
- Creativity and interest in food presentations
- Experience in the food service industry as a baker
Work Environment: Most often back-of-house, some front-of-house duties during meal periods. Ability to work in the kitchen/bakery and interact with heated equipment, steam, loud noise and other at risk conditions. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, etc. Involves repetitive motion.