Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Ensures outstanding customer service including customer retention, prompt, courteous and professional service, and resolves all customer complaints within Clients assigned to the Market Center. Responsible for maintaining satisfactory Market Center targets for growth, sales averages, merchandise management, credits, etc., and managing the Onsite Employees within clients. Also responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all paperwork and reports flowing from the District office.
Essential Functions (the essential functions may contain some or all of the following):
- Provide outstanding customer service and maintain a continuous focus on customer service. Make direct service calls and resolve service problems. Maintain close coordination and teamwork attitude with production regarding service objectives and customer problems. Carry out the company’s Quality Control Monitoring program for all Customer Identification Number for clients.
- Responsible for maintaining satisfactory Market Center targets for growth, sales averages, merchandise management, etc. Proactively follow up on accounts in jeopardy, lost accounts, and be knowledgeable of the competition in the area, identifying growth areas and retaining 100% of the district’s assigned customers.
- Develop and supervise the Onsite employees at accounts. Coach to improve subordinates performance. Hold Onsite employees accountable for meeting goals established by the Market Center. Provide appropriate training. Work with On-site employees on a regular basis to provide training.
- Oversee and ensure compliance and communicate results - quarterly ATP monitoring where applicable to ensure all Onsite and clients are in compliance.
- Organize and provide regular in-service training to clients on Aramark goods and services for optimal results.
- Responsible for preventing injuries to the employees in your District. Provide safety training to ensure employees understand safety rules and precautions. Observe Onsite employees during visits to ensure they understand and follow safety rules and precautions. Model working safely and assist On Site Employees with resolving unsafe conditions at customer locations. Conduct comprehensive accident investigation to identify root cause of incident and prevent future employee injuries.
- Recruit, select, train, and develop a qualified personnel staff. Ensure appropriate bench strength (promotable employees.) Ensure that subordinate staff turnover is less than 10% annualized.
- Provide a motivational environment. Maintain open lines of communication with the Onsite Employees through daily shift briefings, employee surveys/action plans and other applicable methods. If in a union facility, develop an effective management/labor relationship.
- Conduct performance evaluations for subordinate staff providing specific and detailed feedback on their management and leadership skills and the attainment of their respective goals and objectives.
- Partner with the sales organization to identify areas for growth and issues.
- Assure timely contract renewals and accounts receivables collection.
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations that affect Market Center operations. Comply with Federal Regulations and Company safety policies and practices to promote safety awareness in the Market Centers.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by making suggestions and implementing where possible.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above.
- Must be able to routinely lift and maneuver a minimum of 25 lbs. and load/unload product from truck without assistance. Must be able to occasionally lift and maneuver 50+ lbs.
- Exposure to adverse and varying weather conditions which may include extreme hot/cold temperatures.
- Must be able to work within Client regulations to ensure service is maintained. (Sometimes more than 70% of time at Client sites)
- Fast-paced environment requiring irregular and long hours.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration or Sales) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years service industry experience.
- Considerable management, human relations and communication skills. Including “outgoing” personality.
- Strong relationship / customer service skills and sales skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process management skills.
- Budget and profit/loss responsibility.
- Route sales background with sales accountability preferred.
- Prospecting and new account generation skills.
- Good skill in negotiating and handling contractual sales.
- Has moved into progressively more responsible positions.
- Has exceeded established goals on a consistent basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Employment stability (has not changed employers frequently.)