The Manager, Data Blending & Modeling is responsible for identifying business requirements, develop data models, perform data analysis, and write advanced SQL queries. Design and code complex stored procedures, and performance tune existing database processes. This position requires exceptional database development, data blending and problem-solving abilities and will report directly to the AVP of data foundation within Aramark’s Data and Analytics Center of Excellence.
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views, triggers.
- Create code for data extraction, join, construct and access using stored procedures, and functions
- Design, build and maintain ETL code that transforms data into various formats for storage and workflow/pipeline processing
- Use of BI tools such as dataiku/Altryx tool to prepare, and Join the data for ad-hoc analysis and publish / productionize the blended data workflow for advance analytics and reporting.
- Maintenance and support the data capture and blending processes/programs and update them with the latest change in the characteristics of the inputted data.
- Regular performance tuning and update of data capture and blending programs to manage the response time as data size increases.
- Participate in developing and enforcing data security policies
- Work with customers, internal and external, to define and document the scope and functional requirements for data and reporting needs
- Work independently on data warehousing tasks with minimal amount of supervision
- Manage strategic projects and initiatives as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field degree is preferred
- Experience in building and maintaining data transformations (ETL) using SQL or scripting/programming languages such as R or Python
- 5-7 years of experience in data & analytics
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and performance tune SQL
- Hands-on with database performance, security and integrity
- Experience in database design, development and data modeling
- Ability to identify problems, and effectively communicate solutions to peers and management
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives