Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
Assistant Catering Sales Director
As an Assistant Catering Sales and Marketing Director you will coordinate arrangements for weddings, group meetings, sporting events, university groups and conferences. You will coach the client by providing information and suggestions pertaining to conferences. The Assistant Catering Sales and Marketing Director assists with financial reporting requirements and disseminates appropriate information to the operational departments and acts as liaison between the clients and the operation in order to meet client's needs and expectations.
- Ensure a solid positive working Partnership with Client.
- Maintain a solid positive working partnership with Operations & Culinary team; ensure high standards of service and presentation.
- Work closely with the Chef and Client to provide new, creative menus and food and beverage presentations, ensuring F&B competitive pricing and product.
- Assists in driving the operation process while carefully paying attention to future events.
- Assist with booking of events, selecting and costing menu items and pricing as needed.
- Assist with hiring, training, supervising and assisting with employee performance of catering department team.
- Directly supervise catering planning operations including such duties as coordination of rental equipment, set-up, preparation, service, and break down of catered foods, beverages, and events of varying size and complexity.
- Management of catering sales staff includes training and mentoring of personnel based on performance and accountability.
- Keeps the team focused to ensure we have the necessary plan for each unique event and we are set up to drive revenue.
- Assist with establishing revenue goals and report out monthly/quarterly on measurements and effectiveness.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and organizational skills.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, guidelines and standards in maintaining effective customer support and meeting financial goals and budget.
- Facilitate external customer relations; represent Aramark and the client at any and all meetings and events.
- Experience in guest centric environment where feedback is welcome and changes made accordingly.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Ensure that all Higher Education catering brand standards and initiatives are consistently achieved.
- Participate in management team meetings. Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Participate in all catering training programs; help to develop and implement training programs for hourly, part-time, and student employees.
- Aid in implementation and adherence to all Aramark OpX Catering initiatives and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree (and/or requisite industry and management experience).
- Current ServSafe and TIPS certification required.
- Proven written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous catering and banquet experience required, be a multi-tasker and with a comprehensive knowledge of MS Office applications EventMaster.