ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.aramark.com, and follow us at www.facebook.com/aramark and @aramark on Twitter.
Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
We are currently seeking a Maintenance and Transportation Manager
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching and correcting the Maintenance, Grounds and Transportation staff
- Responsible for keeping the Maintenance Department and Transportation Department within budgetary guidelines
- Manage and oversee operations and financials
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction
- Ensure facilities storage areas meets all OSHA and NFS standards for safety and environmental compliance
- Must be able to train, direct and supervise fleet maintenance management personnel with knowledge of job specific tasks
- Compile and maintain vehicle files in a manner which meets company standards
- Responsible for Preventive Maintenance of the resort
- Maintain parking lots, landscaping for the entire property
- Responsible for scheduling routine maintenance to include but not limited to: Fire alarms, sprinkler system, boilers, chimney, grease trap, kitchen hood, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Oversee capital projects as needed or directed
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by department managers for each department during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings
- Responsible for ensuring that facilities departments is in compliance with ARAMARK safety programs
- Ensure that vehicle and driver files up to date and meeting ARAMARK standards
- Responsible for completing opening and closing daily procedures
- Providing on call support as needed
- Responsible for maintenance and transportation program and communication
- Develops and implements annual preventative maintenance schedule.
- Develops and implements annual fleet readiness schedule in order to meet daily needs throughout operating season.
- Responsible for work orders, preventative maintenance schedules, and the accuracy of the building information in the computerized management system
- Develop and maintain weekly schedules for crew as well as handle payroll issues as needed.
- Develop and lead a safe and secure culture focused on incident and injury prevention by implementing SAFE engagement activities through the Global Metrics Monitor system (GMM) by setting SAFE standards, educating the tools, monitoring metrics and recognizing behaviors and achievements
- Develop and lead a compliance culture that mitigates financial and legal risk; focus on compliance standard operating procedures, integrity, and safety
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships with clients. Focus on retaining existing business and building base business
- Evaluate performance results, develop and implement action plans to achieve performance goals; for direct reports
- Hold employees accountable for completing position training, conduct follow up and assess training progress of new employees
- Assess and select qualified talent by following the standards and expectation of the Talent Acquisition
- Actively participate in the progressive discipline process, which includes recognition, GROW coaching conversations, providing meaningful feedback, writing and delivering performance reviews delivering counseling and corrective actions
- Respond to request of client, General Manager, Regional Vice President, and Corporate Staff
- Works directly with the General Manager in order to constantly ensure that labor is being managed and adjusted to ensure we are striving to beat our forecasted goals for the day, week, month, and year
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential
- High school degree or equivalent desirable
- 3-5 years of experience, in General Commercial Maintenance: Execution and management
- Transportation Management experience highly desirable
- College education preferred but not required.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of basic fitness and recreation principles and strong people skills.