Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The incumbent of the Executive Chef role will have responsibility for the leading the culinary direction for Zephyr Cove Resort and Lake Tahoe Cruises. In this role, the Executive Chef will have total food oversight, and provide directional vision in partnership with location leadership. This exciting opportunity requires a dedicated, passionate Chef that possesses the visionary leadership and motivational skills, to select, develop and lead culinary team members, support and partner with operational departments, provide innovative dining selections within multiple venues, including the resort restaurant, special event catering, beach grill, and the boat cruises.
- Leadership position responsible for all culinary operations in a multi-unit, million dollar account comprised of restaurants, banquets, catering, concessions, and warehousing.
- Train, manage and develop Chefs and culinary staff members.
- Partner with the management team and have a good working relationship to ensure collaboration.
- Estimate food consumption, purchase food in a warehouse setting, manage vendor relationships, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Offer culinary instruction and demonstrate culinary techniques and consult with clients.
- Directly supervises the culinary staff with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, initiating pay increases and is responsible for the continuous development of the staff.
- The Executive Chef will report directly to the Aramark General Manager.
- Menu development focusing on seasonal ingredients utilizing locally sourced food and or beverage products.
- Provide educationally forward dining programs that align with institutions vision.
- Institute hospitality excellence in service and product quality.
- Provide operational and team leadership insuring excellence in guest experience.
- Implement / ensure industry standard food and beverage HACCP and safety programs are in place and active.
- Implement culinary skills training programs within culinary operation.
- Working knowledge of electronic media and computer literate.
- Support marketing team with local and regional community promotions.
- Responsible for execution of component or complex recognition and reward programs.
- Staff recruiting – utilizing regional chef schools, trade schools and local job fairs as needed.
- Financial oversight – food cost, labor cost, and department specific P&L.
- Requires at least 4 years experience and 1-3 years in a management role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience