About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an immediate opportunity for a Human Resources Manager in “city”, “state”.
The Human Resources Manager will work with functional management to ensure business strategies are defined and carried out with supportive Human Resources and organizational plans. The incumbent will provide hands-on support in the areas of employee relations, career mapping, training and development, compensation administration, and succession planning. The Human Resources Manager will be instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs that add value to the organization and are aligned with business objectives.
- Provide day-to-day support and counsel to functional location in the areas of employee relations, talent management, compensation, policy interpretation, and employee development. Act as first line resource to managers and employees on human resources issues and partner with them to implement solutions. Work with managers and their teams to assess needs, and develop and implement appropriate plans to increase employee engagement and drive organizational performance.
- Resolve employee relations issues effectively and identify broader opportunities for long-term success. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Lead HR program rollouts for functional location. Assess effectiveness of HR practices and actions. Look for opportunities to improve programs and provide training that will yield better performance or results.
- Educate management team on talent management strategies, development opportunities, succession planning, compensation planning, and policies/procedures. Partner with management teams to continually evaluate and develop all employees within the organization (including career planning, mentoring programs, and skill building).
- Assess training and development needs and develop/implement solutions. Conduct training programs such as supervisory training, staff skills & onboarding initiatives.
- Provide guidance and direction to management team and employees on HR related topics.
- Ensure compliance and consistency to HR practices, and adherence to all federal, state, and local regulations both as a consultant and oversight to all location reps within Region.
- Conduct research and analysis on assigned HR projects.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field or a combination of equivalent work experience is preferred.
- A PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- 5-7 years professional level Human Resources experience is required, including at least three years in a Business Partner capacity
- Demonstrated expertise in effective human resources management techniques, plans, and strategies.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills required.
- Ability to diplomatically and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable State and Federal regulations and general business practices required.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills required, including the ability to interface with others inside and outside of the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines. Strong project management skills necessary.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Strong HRIS and computer skills required: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent facilitation and conflict resolution skills required.
- Demonstrated influencing, creative problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Highest professional standards regarding internal customer service, confidentiality and ethical conduct required.
- Ability to successfully work in fast paced environment and handle highly sensitive issues while balancing employee advocacy, management demands, and business objectives.
- Results-oriented with ability to gain and maintain organizational credibility.
- Travel 5%.