The Director Advanced Analytics is responsible for developing standardized metrics and analytics spanning the commodities relevant to Aramark as well general macroeconomic analysis. This position will develop data models and analyze large data sets to provide critical insights that support decision making and inform Aramark’s teams across analytics and different lines of business. This position requires exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities and will report directly to the Vice President of Data and Analytics within Aramark.
- Execute upon the vision, goals and objective for the commodity and macroeconomic analytics work stream and ensure stakeholder alignment on findings, priorities, and management of expectations
- Develop the ownership, oversight and assurance of stakeholder participation required to manage Reporting and Insights and work within the organization to establish it as a critical asset
- Put in place the initiatives that bring disparate analytics and reporting toolsets on to a standardized platform and retire tools sets that are redundant. This will include transition of the existing reports on to the new platforms without interrupting business and functional team needs.
- Use data to build models to support inflation assessment, pricing forecasting, business impact assessment of inflation, assessment of inflation mitigation strategies, and identification of not so apparent opportunities to improve business performance relative to what is happening in the macroeconomic sense as well as relevant to Aramark commodities space.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual analyses of key business areas identifying trends and root-causes providing insights that shape operational decision making and Aramark’s long term growth and margin strategy.
- Develop and execute multi-dimensional analysis leveraging both structured and unstructured data.
- Leverage creative solutions, analytics and visualization/reporting techniques to enhance knowledge and drive actionable insights.
- Proactively identify business challenges and use data analysis to help influence changes to the operations, process or programs.
- Partner with internal COEs (e.g. Procurement, Pricing, Growth) to identify key insights, metrics, trends, and analysis and identify actions for LOB partners and "tell the story"
- Partner with other members of the Data and Analytics organization to identify, measure and monitor metrics that are key drivers of business performance.
- Manage strategic projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance/Economics or other related quantitative discipline. MBA in Finance preferred.
- Data analytics experience is required. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 7-9 years of experience with general business analysis, strategic analysis, data & analytics
- Advanced Excel, Access and Power Point skills,
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView etc.
- Experience using statistical and analytical software/tools (SAS, SQL, Enterprise Miner, Knowledge Seeker, CART,CHAID)
- Technical / systems knowledge, experience and capabilities a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills: collaborating, networking, influencing; able to work effectively in virtual international and cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills: clear oral and written skills; effective questioning; active listening
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives