About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Line Cook - Fenway Park
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Proficiency in grilling, sautee, broiler, excellent knife cuts
- The ability to work a line under fast paced environment is a must.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen clean and organized, including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and assisting the Utility workers when needed.
- Assist in any task the chef assigns.
- Responsible for knowing methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of foods to insure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Tests food by tasting and smelling.
- Cuts, trims, bones and carves meats and poultry for cooking.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for using the correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items.
- Ensures proper temperatures of all foods at all times
- Cooks and prepares food according to production guidelines and recipes
- Sets up and breaks down work stations
Additional Job Functions:
- Assists in other areas as needed
- Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Must have ServSafe Certification or be able to obtain ServSafe Certification during probationary period.
- Minimum 1.5 years experience in a fine dining restaurant as a line cook.
- Must be able to safely operate a meat slicer and properly use a knife.
- Must be able to read and follow recipes.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions from the Manager.
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work event based hours; including nights/weekends
- High School Education or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience in a fine dining restaurant as a cook
Work Environment: Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion