Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Founded in 2008, LifeWorks Restaurant Group creates customized restaurants in office buildings that are unique to each client organization we serve. Our goal is to "Inspire Life at Work" and our chefs are dedicated to the creation of menus that use local ingredients to prepare sustainable, authentic dishes from scratch each day. From the beginning of each client relationship, the team at LifeWorks Restaurant Group establishes a transparency with its partners, from space design and delivery to the marketing of the final, branded product. For more information, please visit: http://lifeworksrestaurants.com
As the Director of Culinary you will lead the Global Strategy and infrastructure support plan, new product development, food quality and safety management for the LifeWorks brand.
Directly accountable for all aspects of culinary operations within the Brand, this position reports to the RVP and will play a central role in ensuring brand integrity, product quality and culinary talent management and development.
The ideal candidate will have proven themselves as an executive chef in a high-quality, high-volume restaurant environment and should have a track record of managing a continuous pipeline of products that deliver against a brand strategy of experiences “worth shouting about” while ensuring a robust pipeline of new products and innovation.
- Artist, developer, coach and motivator.
- Responsible for the creative direction of the overall culinary program, including new menu development, sourcing and concept development and refinement.
- Develops, drives and manages the culinary process as the Brand grows and develops world class culinary and food safety standards throughout the entire LifeWorks organization.
- Creates, implements, and ensures Culinary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are being followed in the areas of food safety, food storage, prep recipes, line procedures and all other culinary processes.
- Implements practices and corrective measures to address culinary operation efficiencies; identifies best practices, and trouble shoots underperforming restaurants to get them back on track.
- In partnership with the Culinary Development Team, create new dishes and menus that are unique, craveable and meet brand expectations.
- Source products, ingredients and suppliers that fall in line with brand standards.
- Is the liaison between Purchasing and Operations to ensure product is available and meets Brand standards. Monitors purchasing practices and prices, communicates to restaurants on best practices.
- Standardizes the culinary tools used and ensures each account supports brand standard. Works with Operations and Development on the optimal design for New Restaurant Openings
- Performs Quarterly Culinary Audits of each account and regular visits spot checking safety practices while correcting and training the food safety habits of the team.
- In conjunction with the Operations and Human Resources Departments, is responsible for the culinary set up of new Account Openings and manages the culinary process for new restaurant openings (pre-open and through first month when necessary).
- Is involved in the selection and training and development of culinary talent as well as partners with the culinary operations leadership team to ensure succession planning of culinary talent.
- Leverage and manager the culinary resources of vendors to supplement and enhance internal resources
- 10+ years of culinary leadership experience
- 10+ years of experience in high-volume scratch kitchens
- 5+ years of experience of multi-unit/concept management
- A Degree in Culinary Arts or Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science
- Experience building, managing, and engaging a team of direct staff as well as mentoring indirect staff.
- Knowledge of all safety standards customary in the food industry and mandated by government regulations including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) management system required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the standards set by the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI).
- Motivated, self-starter capable of holding self and team accountable for achieving goals.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate decisions with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, manager and direct reports with ample notice and preparation
- Proven leadership skills with a strong ability to assess talent and build effective teams.
- Hands on ability to plan, organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple complex projects concurrently within a fast-paced and growth environment.
- Travel Requirements: 60%-80%