Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
As the Director of Business Development - Higher Education - Southeast Region, you will have an opportunity to exceed assigned pipeline and profit objectives, lead new business initiatives and processes and work closely with Sales Leadership in developing overall sales strategies within a targeted territory. You will also partner closely with Business Unit Executive leaders as well as Regional Executive leaders and directors in creating new university and college clients and implementing the sales processes.
Successful Sales Leaders in this role will have the opportunity to:
- Drive sales process leadership from contact through strategy, proposal, presentation & successful conclusion for dining services within a defined market of large universities and colleges.
- Aggressively research, identify, qualify & target potential clients & develop access strategy to initiate contact
- Develop & maintain relationships at the 'C Suite' while understanding and communicating prospective customers' corporate culture within Aramark.
- Exercise creativity and independent judgment in developing and evaluating sales and marketing strategies in selling broad portfolio of facilities within defined market
- Develop and lead strategy process with regard to: Competitive Environment, Account Sales Strategy and Territory Development Strategy
- Identify needs and develop customer specific solutions for those needs.
- Utilize resources from across Aramark in order to design & deliver customer desired outcomes
- Influence and develop team members without formal authority
- Develop relationships with intermediaries to build pipeline of opportunities and awareness of capabilities
- Represent Aramark Higher Education in the marketplace at various industry organizations and events
- Build relationships personally with prospective customers
- Provide appropriate market & competitive information.
- BA/BS is required for this position. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of executive/c-suite, B2B solution-based selling experience, preferably in the service industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, and computer skills
- Ability to understand and execute strategic sales planning and methodologies
- Financial acumen – ability to understand operations and develop proposals
- Please note, this role requires the flexibility to travel 70-80%, including overnight