Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Position Summary: Marina Services in addition to providing monthly/annual slips and buoys offers a Managed Boat package as well as a la carte services for piloting, cleaning, pump outs, and cart service. Dock Coordinator will oversee the Main Marina Docks by supporting and training the Marina Services Workers. They assign and oversee the day’s work tasks assigned by the Dock Supervisor to the Marina Services Workers; ensure all preparations have been completed in advance for the day ahead, ensuring all Marina Services Workers are on task for delivering superior customer service. Coordinators are expected to serve as an example for the Marina Services Workers to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, delivering exemplary customer service. Furthermore, they must be able to maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere even in the absence of management.
- Perform all Marina Services Worker, Cart Attendant and Porter duties
- Hold pre-shift meetings to ensure that the marina dock team are aware of the days tasks, boats that need turned, visiting VIPs, WEST & Safety of the day and any other miscellaneous information to ensure successful operations.
- Assist in hiring by posting job positions and completing the interview process.
- Should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, boat rentals, food & beverage opening hours and services, tours and activities and surrounding area amenities.
- Encourage and support Marina Services Workers, building their knowledge, in order to be more informative to guests
- Train Marina Services Workers on all aspects of the role; in order to develop a team of customer service focused professionals
- Respond directly to all customer complaints and ensure they are resolved efficiently and immediately in a professional manner which does not negatively impact on the reputation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas
- Dock Coordinators may be required to complete monthly safety inspections, complete electrical readings and file incident and injury reports on an ongoing basis
- Position requires the ability to swap out, stock and refill propane tanks.
- Ensure Marina Services Workers complete work assignments accurately while maintaining smooth operations.
- Dock Coordinators must ensure cleanliness and a pleasant atmosphere throughout the Marina dock at all times.
- Verify all work stations are secure and clean at close of shift.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule include weekends and holidays.
- Must be well groomed and report to work in complete uniform.
- Always maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope:
- Dock Coordinator reports to the Marina Services Supervisor and Assistant Manager.
- Must be able to support and oversee the Marina team to ensure the highest levels of customer service are adhered to; that all tasks are completed, ensuring smooth operations
- Must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat and on their feet all day.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
- Advanced boating knowledge and customer service experience required.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- May be required to drive company ATVs/Carts and/or Vehicles, and boats.
- Employee must be 21 year of age or older.
- Employee must have a current and valid US Driver's License.
- Employee must be able to pass a background check (MVR) to operate company vehicles, ATVs, carts or boats.
- Pre-employment background check is required for this position.