About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: We are seeking experienced Chef Supervisors for the food service operations at Citi Field, Home of the New York Mets.
The Chef Supervisor oversees the operations of their assigned location(s) to ensure all food is prepared and served according to health and safety regulations; facility is clean; employees are properly trained; and, customers are satisfied with their service.
The Chef Supervisor assists in supervising the staff and plays a large role in the ability to maintain positive employee relations and a positive team environment
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for opening and closing the building according to expectations of the management team
- Oversee the sanitation of work stations including floors, worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks, equipment, and utensils
- Ensure all staff on duty are properly trained and adhere to cash handling standards
- Responsible for making sure the staff uses correct portions when preparing and serving items
- Follow and direct others in the standards for product merchandising, line display, stocking, storing of products and distribution of marketing material
- Ensure the staff appropriately logs and disposes of waste, follow 5P process including recipe standards
- Responsible for cash handling, safe verification and daily deposits
- Responsible for Work Force Management scheduling, editing, keying exceptions and approving time
- Knowledge of Labor Scheduling Report, Labor Scheduling Tool, and Labor Tracking Tool
- Delegates tasks to employees as necessary
- Assist managers with employee discipline sessions, attendance logs, and maintains up-to-date contact information
- Monitor theft in the location and report incidents to managers
- Ensure uniform compliance of the staff members
- Maintain a safe work environment by enforcing all safety standards
- Understand the proper use of and storage of chemicals used in the location. Be familiar with the chemical SDS book and its contents
- Daily use of the correct PPE for the task assigned
- Report all injuries immediately to your manager and/or supervisor
- Knowledge of QA Audit
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-train at other positions in the location
- Work at other stations and in other departments as necessary
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the ARAMARK management team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversees and directs staff to ensure timely and effective service of customers.
- Front-of-house and/or back-of-house
- Occasionally inside kitchen area and or dish room; including interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions.
Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT: Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds.
Keying / Fingering: Constant
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays and weekends.
- Possess a NYC Food Protection Certificate
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Successful completion of the Aramark Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
- Must be willing to follow all Aramark Safety Standards
- Experience in food service industry
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with guests, co-workers, as well as others in the college community
Be a part of a Winning Team! Aramark @ Citi Field is looking for energetic and self-motivated candidates with a proven track record in providing exceptional guest service in a fast paced, diverse environment to assist in the Food Service Operations at Citi Field. A warm, friendly personality is required.
Season Starts March 29, 2018