Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies, " and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Our Parks and Destinations group specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
• Asilomar Conference Center, California
• Denali National Park, Alaska
• Glacier Bay, Alaska
• Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
• Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
• Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
• Olympic Peninsula, Washington
• Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
Marina Services in addition to providing monthly/annual slips and buoys offers a Managed Boat package as well as a la carte services for piloting, cleaning, pump outs, and cart service. Dock Supervisor will oversee the Main Marina Docks by supporting and training the Marina Services Workers. They assign the day’s work tasks to the Marina Services Workers; ensure all preparations have been completed in advance for the day ahead, ensuring all Marina Services Workers are on task for delivering superior customer service. Supervisors are expected to serve as an example for the Marina Services Workers to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, delivering exemplary customer service and successfully resolving any guest situations that may arise. Furthermore, they must be able to maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere even in the absence of management.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform all Marina Services Worker, Cart Attendant and Porter duties
• Hold pre-shift meetings to ensure that the marina dock team are aware of the days tasks, boats that need turned, visiting VIPs, WEST & Safety of the day and any other miscellaneous information to ensure successful operations.
• Assist in hiring by posting job positions and completing the interview process.
• Dock Supervisors should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, boat rentals, food & beverage opening hours and services, tours and activities and surrounding area amenities.
• Encourage and support Marina Services Workers, building their knowledge, in order to be more informative to guests
• Train Marina Services Workers on all aspects of the role; in order to develop a team of customer service focused professionals
• Respond directly to all customer complaints and ensure they are resolved efficiently and immediately in a professional manner which does not negatively impact on the reputation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas
• Dock Supervisors may be required to coordinate, correct, track and submit payroll for the Marina; ensuring accuracy, proper transfer of labor and timely weekly reporting
• Dock Supervisors may be required to complete monthly safety inspections, complete electrical readings and file incident and injury reports on an ongoing basis
• Position may require the ability to swap out, stock and refill propane tanks.
• Dock Supervisors are required to assist management in scheduling all Marina Services employees in accordance with labor budgets and assigning work tasks to the Marina Services Workers.
• Ensure Marina Services Workers complete work assignments accurately while maintaining smooth operations.
• Dock Supervisors ensure everything operates smoothly in manager’s absence and that all customer relations issues are handled effectively must ensure cleanliness and a pleasant atmosphere throughout the Marina dock at all times.
• Verify all work stations are secure and clean at close of shift.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule include weekends and holidays.
• Must be well groomed and report to work in complete uniform.
• Always maintain a high level of professionalism.
• Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope:
• Dock Supervisor reports to the Marina Services Manager and Assistant Manager.
• Must be able to support and oversee the Marina team to ensure the highest levels of customer service are adhered to; that all tasks are completed, ensuring smooth operations
• Must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat and on their feet all day.
• Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
• Advanced boating knowledge and customer service experience required.
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office.
• May be required to drive company ATVs/Carts and/or Vehicles, and boats.
• Employee must be 21 year of age or older.
• Employee must have a current and valid US Driver's License.
• Employee must be able to pass a background check (MVR) to operate company vehicles, ATVs, carts or boats.
• Pre-employment background check is required for this position.
Buoy Boat, Barge, Tow Boat, ATV, Photocopier, Telephone, Calculator, Cleaning Supplies, Ladder, Printer, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack, VHF Radio, Cart, Boat/Barge, Other
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
VERY HEAVY Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT