Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to help oversee the cleanliness and safety of all vessels, crew and guests. This person will work with Port Captain, Captain, Engineer, Cruise Manager, Boat Supervisor, and Culinary team to ensure the highest level of customer service, safety and sanitation.
- Maintain all Engineer logs that pertain to all vessels
- Have a good understanding of electrical, mechanical, diesel engines and fluid systems
- Partake in daily stand up meetings with Captain and crew
- Complete work orders and return to the Port Captain
- Comply with all fueling and pump out procedures
- Complete start up and shut down duties daily
- Complete vessel underway check logs
- Conduct daily maintenance of vessels and logs
- Notify the Port Captain when upcoming oil changes are needed, fueling, iol, filters, hydraulic fluid etc.
- Assist management staff as necessary
- Assist in boarding of passenger’s and ensure passenger safety at all times
- Project a positive and friendly attitude to all customer and crew
- Work with Deckhands and assist when necessary
- Assist in all set up for special events
- Notify Captain and repair any safety discrepancies with vessels
- Arrive neat and in a clean uniform
- Snow removal as necessary
- Maintain all vessels in Coast Guard ready conditions
Status and Scope:
This position reports to the Captain that oversees boat operations, must be able to work
- Maintain current First Aid and CPR cards
- Maintain current TWIC card
- Knowledge of diesel engines and hydraulic machines
- Basic plumbing and electrical skills
- Ability to pass random Coast Guard drug screenings
Radio, Telephone, Fax/Copier, Computer, Mechanical Equipment, Basic Maintenance Tools
Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.