Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
This position reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting within our Corporate Accounting department at the headquarters location in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Preparing month-end, quarter-end and year-to-date sales and operating income schedules for external reporting requirements.
- Reconcile monthly sales and operating income for each of the Company’s business units and corporate overhead departments to the general ledger.
- Prepare certain journal entries for monthly reporting, including share-based compensation expense, borrowings, derivatives and interest expense.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements – balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, and related footnotes.
- Assist in preparing, reviewing and compiling information received from the business units/countries related to the quarterly Standard Reporting Package to incorporate into internal Company reporting (Quarterly Variance Package) and external SEC reporting (Form 10-Q and Form 10-K).
- Interact with various departments throughout the organization to provide information necessary to assist in decision-making processes.
- Ensure compliance with internal control over financial reporting (SOX)
- Assist with external audit requests as required.
- Responsible for completing monthly, quarterly, and annual forms for the U.S. Census Bureau and Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Perform special project requests and other ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills with an ability to multi-task to meet reporting deadlines
- Knowledge of basic accounting and familiarity with U.S. GAAP is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Working knowledge of financial reporting systems (Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management) a plus