Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark Engineering Solutions (ES) provides a variety of architectural and engineering consulting services including energy management, capital project management and building commissioning for educational, cultural, government, healthcare, and private institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to assist clients in assuring that their assets are optimized and their costs appropriately managed. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition in the market place. You'll be working with a dynamic team with an impressive track record with $7 Billion in projects commissioned, $3 Billion in capital projects managed and over $400 million in energy savings. (www.aramarktechservices.com)
This position is responsible for leading the Engineering and Asset Solutions field operations team in the delivery of Condition Assessments and engineering related facility operations support services at multiple client sites. Provides complex condition assessment services in a client-facing role, manages a team of assessors, and leads report development and delivery effort.
- Project Manager duties while leading and self-performing facility condition assessments
- Provide efficient coordination and management of due diligence projects as part of the assigned team
- Coordinates and directs staff assigned to projects on a project by project basis on which technical services will be performed
- Provides managerial, personal development, and technical direction to assessment team
- Leads or self-performs building evaluation and diagnostic services
- Assign team members based on experience and expertise to delivery facilities support requests
- Support the Operations Manager in the creation of reports for all services delivered
- Reviews and technically edits reports to ensure accuracy, completeness and quality
- Ensures on-time delivery of reports and accompanying correspondence to clients.
- Communicates with clients and management to discuss and develop solutions to recognized architecture and engineering concerns.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to client needs
- Bachelor's degree in related engineering, architectural, or facilities related field
- Registration as a "Professional Engineer" or “Registered Architect” preferred, but not required
- 10 plus years experience in the facilities operations or engineering related industry
- 3 plus years experience managing a team of individuals in the delivery of projects/solutions
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Past building/systems assessment experience including the identification and costing of facility improvement projects
- Past experience evaluating/diagnosing building operating issue
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- A demonstrable track record of excellent time management skills combined with the capability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Travel estimated at +50%