Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The Custodian is responsible for the cleaning of all public areas to Aramark Parks and Destinations standards of cleanliness and quality. These areas include entrances, retail areas, classrooms, employee common areas, employee housing areas, food and beverage areas, doorways, sidewalks, restrooms, and shower facilities while providing great customer service.
• Maintain restrooms, stock and sanitize daily (toilets, urinals, and floors)
• Monitor restroom supplies during hours of operation.
• Dispose of trash and recyclables in the proper receptacles
• Mix water and detergents or acids to create cleaning solutions per specifications
• Clean and sanitize kitchens, patios, tables, food trays, hallways, lounges, public restrooms, showering facilities, and laundry rooms to meet all health and safety standards
• Perform heavy cleaning and sanitizing duties such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, shampooing carpet, and removing trash
• Maintain all ground level terraces, patios, barbecue areas, and grounds
• Sweep and mop hard surface floors; Dust horizontal ledges; high dust as needed
• Stock supplies as needed
• Vacuum carpeted surfaces
• Sanitize surfaces and soil removal from walls, doors, stalls, kick plates, and light switches
• Remove trash and reline cans as needed to ensure cleanliness and prevent odor
• Identify maintenance and safety issues and report them as needed
• Keep supply closets organized and properly stocked
• Clean surrounding areas, and conference rooms
• Assist in cleaning special function rooms
• Sweep or hose off outside areas
• Maintain the cleanliness of all ceilings, walls, and floors
• Perform all other housekeeping duties required to ensure cleanliness and guest satisfaction
• Assist with food and supply deliveries
• Maintain recycling and trash areas
• Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope:
Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to bend constantly. Must be able to accurately carry out instructions. Must be able to complete repetitive tasks. Attention to detail is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained
• Ability to work during the day or overnight
• Must be willing to work rotating shifts
• Valid driver’s license preferred
• Must be able to communicate information and ideas to others
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Previous Custodial experience preferred.
Equipment Used: Vacuum Cleaner, hose, Cleaning Solvents, Carpet Cleaning Machine, Duster, all small hand equipment Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING CONSTANT HEARING FREQUENT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING FREQUENT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT