About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Sports & Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve.
The Unit Human Resources Manager is responsible for the Human Resources operations at
- The Unit Human Resources Manager will utilize solid business acumen to assertively partner with the management team regarding HR, Staffing, ER/LR, policies/procedures, compliance and general management topics.
- He/she is responsible for providing and maintaining extraordinary levels of service through a high level of influence, execution and prioritizing of duties.
- The Unit Human Resources Manager will also ensure that all employees working are being treated fairly and correctly under the federal and state guidelines that have been set and that all employees have been trained properly according to corporate, state and federal guideline.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
- Leads positive employee relations efforts.
- Conducts annual review of compensation plans for all hourly employees.
- Executes staffing and on-boarding processes for hourly and salary (managers, professionals and technicians) positions.
- Ensures compliance with corporate/district level policies and federal/state governmental agencies.
- Communicates benefits, policy and other HR related changes.
- Trains and coaches management/supervisory staff in interviewing, hiring, performance reviews, counseling, diversity, disciplinary and regulatory compliance.
- Participates with HR Team and others on corporate level projects.
- Manages and reports required HR business metrics (diversity, area labor market info, etc.).
- Maintains accurate information in electronic and paper employee records.
- Conducts wage and employment surveys within area labor market to monitor competitive wage rates and hiring trends.
- Leads resolution of employee relations' issues and conducts investigations as necessary.
- Actively participates in safety and environmental projects as required.
- Initiate and process progressive disciplinary actions for all departments.
- Direct contact for employment agencies: staffing requirements, billing procedure.
- Conduct/facilitate and assist with training of hourly employees: New Hire Orientation, TEAM, HACCP, ServSafe, FOCUS, and On the Job Training.
- Attend building safety meetings and Aramark safety meetings; help develop incentives for reduction of accidents.
- Track training and hourly paperwork; maintain current employee files for audit purposes.
- Develop and maintain Affirmative Action plans at the locations.
- Assist with Union contract negotiations.
- Manage Union relationships.
- Ensure proper handling of Union grievance process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in a Human Resource Generalist role.
- Human Resource experience must include specific employment relations and recruiting experience.
- Experience with matrix reporting and multi-site responsibilities and internal Aramark processes a plus.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is desired.
- Must be willing to work event based hours that include nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.