Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As a Regional Finance Manager you will partner with the Vice President of Operations (VPO) in developing financial analysis and reporting for the United States Air Force Base General Managers, bookkeepers and our Clients that aid in effective planning and performance evaluation. In this multi-faceted opportunity, the Regional Finance Manager provides guidance to the front-line management team while training, coaching, developing and mentoring operations managers.
- Coordinate the month-end close process and variance analysis vs projection and plan
- Weekly and monthly analysis of Food, Labor and Direct cost productivity, including the identification of under performing locations
- Weekly and tracking of Customer Counts in the Dining Facilities and Campus Dining transactions in the NAF components
- Root case analysis of Revenue, operating costs and EBIT variances to Plan and Projections.
- Leads Base unit bookkeepers with ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all financial reports and internal control requirements are met.
- Partners with VPO to drive the profitable growth of the P&L through productivity and revenue growth
- Oversee compliance with contract deliverables, aid in monitoring KPI maximization and participate in contract performance reviews.
- Work with the GM's in preparing change order requests including the required documentation, and assists in negotiating them through the USAF system so that we end up with a delivery order modification that includes the appropriate additional compensation.
- Assist with Subcontract preparation, administration, and USAF approval which also requires specific documentation and approval by the Contracting Officer
- Trains operations managers and unit bookkeepers on use of financial reporting systems, understanding and interpreting financial reports and their finance and accounting responsibilities
- Supports the VPO and General Managers with client meetings, quarterly business reviews and budget presentations.
- Participates in New Business and client retention efforts through analytical support and proforma development
- Coordinate the monthly projection process by supporting operations managers General Managers, unit bookkeepers and analyzing financial trends
- Assists with coordinating the monthly planning process. Includes setting targets, analysis of monthly spreads and helping with organizing the budget presentation
- Leads analysis and responses to Client inquiries
- With support from unit bookkeepers, develop and submit monthly invoices for the Dining Facilities contract to ensure accurate and prompt payment
- Actively involved with A/R collections, inventory management and Capital Expenditure controls all in an effort to drive free cash flow
- Assist when needed with internal audit support and SOX audits
- Tracks and reports on all Modifications
Other Essential Functions --- Develops ad hoc reports for the AVP-Finance and Senior Management. Provides information for historical, current and future financial and statistical data. Performs assigned special projects and analysis as needed by Senior Management.
This position requires up to 10-20% travel overnight.Qualifications:
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent. MBA or course work toward an MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years hands-on accounting/finance experience with progressive analytical responsibility required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sound judgment and ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to adapt to new situations and interface with senior management as well as prioritize multiple projects simultaneously is key.
- Ability to be detailed oriented and possess exceptional organizational skills and will be able to meet established deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet and data base software required. Strong EXCEL skills are a must.