Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Position Summary: The Boat Tours Marina Services Worker primarily works as a deckhand. Marina Services Workers are flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service. Marina Services Workers also provide a concierge service to guests - always highly knowledgeable on Lake Mead and the surrounding area – able to answer guests’ questions and inquiries.
This is a part-time position, which provides the option of promotion to full-time following completion of a probationary period and a deckhand certification program."
- Marina Services Workers must be able to work physically hard
- Ensure all Boat Tours customers are boarded as efficiently as possible and that basic boat usage and safety information is communicated
- Assist customers on and off the boat answering any questions they may have
- Maintain a knowledge of the National Park Service interpretation program
- Load and unload supplies
- Assist Boat Pilot where needed both at the dock and on boat tours
- Ensure accurate number count of boat tour guests.
- Marina Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage opening hours and services, events and surrounding area amenities and activities such as other National Parks in The Grand Circle
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of the boat dock and on board tour boats at all times
- Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Marina Services Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Marina Services Workers report to the Boat Tours Manager
- Marina Services Workers need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc…
- Marina Services Worker cannot be prone to motion sickness as they will spend hours at a time working on board tour boats
- Marina Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Marina Services Workers should be willing to gain a good understanding of gain a good understanding of Lake Mead Cruises and surrounding area, becoming fully knowledgeable on the area's history, acitivites and amenities
- If employee will operate a boat, they must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check
- Previous customer service, interpretation and boating experience preferred
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must be over 18 years of age
- This position is subject to pre-employment, random, and post-accident/reasonable suspicion drug testing compliant with federal Coast Guard regulations. This includes screening for marijuana and other federally regulated substances.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Southern Nevada Health District Food Handler's Safety Training Card
- Must have or be able to obtain an Alcohol Awareness Training Card
- Must complete Aramark food-handler training post-hire
Drink Coolers, Anchors/Docking Ropes, Vacuum Cleaner, Hand Truck, Other
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.