Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Position is seen as a business partner and technical advisor supporting the Director of Investments in all sales events. Ensures “Integrity of the Deal” – outstanding outcomes for both Client and Aramark.
Key responsibilities include collaborating with the Directors of Investment, Directors of Business Development (DBD) and other key stakeholders; supervising two Client Solutions Project Managers in performance of duties listed below; leading and influencing others to optimize resources and ensure accountability and high level of performance of job responsibilities.
Responsible for the design, implementation, execution and optimization of the following specific activities, which include, but are not limited to:
SALES OPPORTUNITY – Partner with stakeholders to drive successful responses to bid opportunities by:
- Developing Proforma Models: For significant opportunities, assesses the RFP requirements to design a compelling foodservice program and create a competitive proforma model. Also supervises two Project Managers in the creation of foodservice program designs and the completion of proforma models.
- Directing and Supervising RFP/RFQ technical reviews: Documents bid requirements, risks, and evaluation factors, and provides guidance to assist in the preparation of competitive proposals.
- Performing Pre-Bid Assessments - Works with DBDs and region management, as requested, to perform pre-bid walk-throughs to ensure that the information needed to prepare competitive proposals is obtained.
- Conducting and Directing Feasibility Studies: Supports DBDs in the creation and documentation of operational assessments for potential business opportunities.
- Participating in presentations: Attends and participates in significant bid presentations and capability demonstrations as a technical adviser and content provider.
ACCOUNT RETENTION – Support profitable retention by:
- Supervising the performance of region retention workshops, which provide regional management with the tools needed to develop retention plans for at-risk accounts, and also help improve retention results.
- Monitoring progress against operational improvement plans for selected accounts to ensure standards are being met and that desired improvements are being achieved.
- Supervising Project Managers in their roles as liaisons between key stakeholders, onsite teams, and clients from at-risk accounts where operational improvement plans are underway.
- Performing quality assurance of the Retention Strategic Components, e.g., Blue Sheeting, wiring and expectation setting, etc., to identify opportunities to improve retention results.
ACCOUNT OPENINGS – Support the new opening process to help ensure successful start-up of new client relationships by:
- Overseeing the development of opening plans by collaborating with key functional groups to ensure that all critical opening activities are completed timely and correctly.
- Training participants in the opening process on tools and established procedures to guide them through their responsibilities, and to assist them in identifying and overcoming challenges.
- Maintaining communication and reporting throughout the process to gather feedback and to foster an environment of transparency so that improvements can be identified and implemented.
- Assist in the on-going development of DBD’s knowledge of the industry and financial acumen, allowing them to engage prospective clients in a purposeful and meaningful dialogue.
- Effectively use deliberate influence strategies to impact, shape, or re-direct the behaviors of others without formal authority.
- Foster support and relationships by developing a strong level of trust and credibility with all stakeholders and clients.
- Carry out special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. College degree in a related field recommended.
- Previous operational experience in contract dining a plus; strong financial and analytical skills.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing business performance and tight deadlines, with strong business acumen, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfort in managing a remote team
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, able to work effectively with little supervision; and can effectively influence others without formal influence.
- Strong communication skills and ability to analyze information and to clearly and effectively communicate recommendations and findings verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to take strategy from the concept stage to operational implementation, particularly in a role of influence across the organization.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity; creative and flexible in style to adapt to new situations in a dynamic environment.
- Strong computer skills, intermediate to advanced levels including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office.
- Travel approximately 35%.