Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The VP, National GPO Accounts creates & drives strategic initiatives in collaboration with Group Purchasing Organization & industry partners that enable Aramark to grow and retain more business within its Healthcare Sector.
The role is responsible for:
- Building and advancing relationships with healthcare industry partners & GPOs
- Tailoring value proposition to appeal to GPO membership, leadership and field staff
- Utilizing Challenger™-based approach to drive sales & educational opportunities
- In collaboration, develop innovative strategies & tactics that empower the Growth & Retention teams to create, advance and win more opportunities
- Drive mutual accountability across internal and external stakeholders to deliver sustainable return on Aramark’s GPO investment
- Lead Aramark through GPO contract negotiations and successful resolution of issues
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify thought leadership opportunities in collaboration with Healthcare Growth Leadership and collaborate on the development of a 12-18 month strategic plan to increase industry & GPO wiring.
- Execute on strategic business plans to achieve sector growth goals, making recommendations on strategic direction.
- Propose, activate and measure outcomes for Aramark’s partnerships and/or sponsorships of external healthcare industry and nonprofit partners to develop strong, mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Establish per plan and maintain productive relationships with GPO corporate/sourcing staff and GPO field force contracts.
- Identify and develop potential business development opportunities for Healthcare Sector through GPO Consulting field force interactions and market awareness
- Review pipeline with appropriate sales team leaders and members, internally and externally.
- Manage GPO report cards and dashboards as required by GPO agreements.
- Coordinate the involvement of Aramark personnel including support, operations, sales and management resources, in order to meet objectives, to include exhibitions, annual trade shows and GPO national meetings.
- Work with Marketing to develop materials for sales teams such as case studies and GPO specific value summaries
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to carry-out specific campaigns to generate leads within GPO membership and Healthcare Industry Partner membership.
- Maintain a solid understanding of current market dynamics and healthcare trends within the different segmentation groups.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate GPO partner performance on an ongoing basis
- Identify potential GPO channel conflicts with sales organization by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to established rules of engagement
- Ensure reporting compliance with GPO/TPI agreements
- Proactively monitor key sources of healthcare industry data: press, events, research, etc.
- Negotiate & secure GPO contracts which best position Aramark to compete across the Healthcare sector
The Vice President, National GPO Accounts, will report to the Vice President, Growth for Healthcare with strong dotted line accountability to Vice President, Growth for Healthcare line of business and Vice President, Growth Healthcare line of business.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA, MHA or other master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of healthcare-related experience with minimum 5 years experience focused on thought leadership strategy, development, implementation and activation.
- Previous experience working in a complex, high-growth consulting firm or B2B environment. Healthcare industry experience highly preferred, Product Management experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities with the ability to adapt communications to different audiences and management levels
- Demonstrated expertise in meeting facilitation.
- Highly developed business acumen, strategic planning and management skills with ability to think ahead and plan both short- and long-term.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- A high energy, results-oriented individual who can make a difference; an individual who takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability and has a “can do” attitude; has a sense of urgency.
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively to implement programs through a multi-layered, decentralized organization with various chains of command.
- Strong and dynamic presentation skills; persuasive communication influencing others by combining logic, facts and business acumen.
- Financial acumen, creative problem solving and customer savvy.
- A strong value system, unquestioned integrity and good listening skills.