About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Sports & Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve.
We are currently seeking a General Manager for the Aramark operations at Quicken Loans Arena.
- As a General Manager you will plan, direct and control multiple services including Concessions, Premium Services (Club Level, Suites and Catering), Retail and Facilities, to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
- You will be responsible for the development & growth of management teams.
- The General Manager will have daily interaction with multiple client groups and these client's customers and/or employees.
- Developing new concepts to increase existing revenue sources for public foods/concessions, premium service and catering outlets
- Partner with the District Manager to plan and execute business development strategy for growth
- Recruitment and development of new and existing managers - management team includes a seasoned/professional group of 30 managers.
- Managing the client relationship at the location, while providing hands on execution management of operations
- Execute business plans to ensure successful concessions, bar and catering operations
- Interact successfully with the client management team
- Recruitment and development of new and existing managers
- Responsible for oversight of high profile, high volume services to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Progressive Experience in managing a high volume food and beverage facility, preferably in the S&E industry.
- Prior experience managing food and beverage, retail and facilities operations preferred
- Previous experience managing a P&L account with multiple P&L's preferred
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential to success in this role.
- Ability to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management and Aramark support staff.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing demands.
- Ability to work in a multi client environment where clients may have conflicting opinions and ideas about Aramark services and how they are deployed
Must be able to work an events based schedule which includes nights, holidays and weekends.