Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark is seeking an HR Manager in beautiful Portland Oregon
Aramark has continued to grow and is searching for a Human Resource Representative for a facility in Portland, Oregon. As an HR Representative, you will act as a generalist supporting the Human Resource Manager, Location Managers and HR staff for both Aramark and the client. The HR Representative will function as a business partner and advocate by helping to identify & direct solutions to business needs while ensuring the efficient delivery of HR programs and services.
Duties include employee relations, operational issues and special projects. You will identify and resolve actual and potential employee issues through analysis of performance appraisals, counseling, coaching sessions and dispute resolution. Administers the human resource policies and procedures for an assigned unit or client account. Administers two or more of the following areas for the component: wage and salary administration, recruitment, training, employee relations, EEO, affirmative action, benefits administration, and risk management.
Ideal candidate will:
- Maintain friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
- Assist unit management in determining staffing needs. Recommends and implements recruiting, hiring and retention strategies for unit.
- Review resumes and screens appropriate applicants. Conduct screening interviews with job applicants to determine if they are suited for the position. When necessary oversees employment tests. Conduct reference checks on potential employees. Ensures new hire paperwork is processed.
- Counsel employees relative to transfers, promotions, terminations and various work items.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees.
- Ensure payroll is submitted to Payroll Department. Monitor employees time away from work (i.e., sick days, vacation days and paid time off). Monitor employee’s hours worked. Ensures overtime is paid according to state and federal laws.
- Ensure unit complies with all federal, state and local laws concerning human resources (i.e., Federal and State Minimum Wage Laws, Affirmative Action, Immigration Reform Control Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Act etc.).
- In conjunction with regional human resource staff, may responds to charges of discrimination. Meets with the appropriate individuals in an effort to resolve the case under investigation. Attends all necessary hearings as a representative for the company.
- May work with benefits staff in administration of benefit plans and policies. Ensures Schedule Of Coverage (SOCs) is correct for the unit. May assist unit staff in resolving complex benefit problems.
- In conjunction with risk management staff, administers policies and procedures for a safe work place. Works with risk management staff in developing region specific programs. Ensures all accidents and injuries are reported to the appropriate parties.
- Maintains compliance with ARAMARK’s standards of operation, client and within ARAMARK’s Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to regulations and codes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent with a two years experience in a Human Resource Generalists roles and/or Facility Service Operations.
- Human Resources experience must include specific employment and recruiting experience. Heavy recruiting, employee relations and dispute resolution experience required.
- Requires current hands-on experience with applicable Federal, State, and Local regulatory compliance and laws.
- Knowledge of Kronos or similar electronic payroll system preferred.
Computer literacy is required