Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: The purpose of this job is to help ensure guest satisfaction by maintaining all dishes, pots, pans, silverware, glasses, equipment, and kitchen utensils, in a clean and sanitized condition. In addition, this job requires that the employee keep the dishwashing machine station, three compartment sink and related areas clean.
• Able to follow directions and perform repetitive tasks
• Stand for extended periods of time
• Work in an environment that at times can be hot and humid Work with a diverse team
• Maintain all dishes, pots, pans, silverware, glasses, equipment, and kitchen utensils, in a clean and sanitized condition
• Clean all dishes and tableware, load into commercial dishwasher, then unload and store
• Scrub and wash all pots and pans to meet sanitation requirements
• Understand basic kitchen sanitation
• Work holidays, weekends and varied shifts
• Maintain a neat and orderly work station by cleaning walls, ceilings, dish room, floors, equipment, counters and back dock.
• Keep the pantry supplied
• Empty trash, waste bins, and recycling into proper receptacles
• Prepare dining area for guests
• Break down cardboard for recycling
• Assist in the preparation of food, such as washing, peeling, scraping, cutting vegetables and fruits
• Maintain the stock supplies: food, utensils, serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope: Food Service Workers report to the BOH Manager. Position requires the ability to be detail oriented, have a strong customer service focus, and a positive attitude. Must be able to work efficiently and be prepared to help wherever needed.
• Minimum of one year experience preferred
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to multi-task, functioning in a professional manner under pressure
• Understanding of basic kitchen sanitation
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs consistently and push 200lbs on a cart
Equipment Used: Dishwashing Machine, Three Compartment Sink, and Temperature Gauges Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements: BENDING FREQUENT KEYING/FINGERING FREQUENT HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT