Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As a Regional Financial Analyst you will conduct and document simple to moderate financial analysis and reporting projects. You will provide accounting and finance support to regional and operating management. Such support incorporates accounting and finance-related aspects of the Facilities business cycles, including, but not limited to: forecasting and budget analysis, monthly operating results analysis, month-end close procedures, development of and compliance with accounting processes and procedures, and SOX testing.
- Identifying and correcting internal control weaknesses at unit-level operations. These processes include understanding and analyzing the accounting processes at a particular unit-level operation in order to understand the nature and impact of any internal control weaknesses and developing corrective action plan(s) based on findings, and training unit-level accounting and management personal in the corrected processes and procedures that will need to be followed. Also includes detailed accounting analysis to identify and propose potential adjustments.
- Consolidation, analysis, and reporting of weekly, monthly, and annual financial results. Follow up on variances and anomalies as needed.
- Assisting regional management and headquarters accounting department during the month-end close process, supporting as a liaison to the field operations in resolving and explaining variances
- Assisting regional management with development, analysis, and communication of key operational metrics to unit-level management teams for use in management and operational improvement at unit-level operations
- Preparation of monthly operating review package for regional management
- Performing balance sheet and P&L analysis of critical balances and unit-level operations as part of operational improvement initiatives
- Monitoring accounts receivable past due balances and assisting unit-level management in process involved with timely collection of receivables, including advance billings
- Liaison between the field operations and the headquarters office in regards to accounting and compliance topics and procedures, including balance sheet review, cash process, deferred revenue, inventory, etc.
- Lead field training, either individual or group, on finance, accounting, and compliance topics
- Ad-hoc reporting and research via the Oracle report writing system
- Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree in Accounting or in Business/Finance with an emphasis in Accounting.
- A minimum of two to four years of progressively responsible analytical financial/accounting experience required.
- The position requires good interpersonal and communication skills, presentation and training experience in classroom or business setting, and sound judgment.
- Additionally, ideal candidates will possess an aptitude for problem solving, the ability to adapt to new situations and interface with senior management.
- Contract-managed services experience is desirable, but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel required as well as PowerPoint.
- The position requires approximately 20% to 25% travel.