Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Position Summary: The Dispatcher is an essential support operations position with ultimate responsibility of each bus run being successfully scheduled and operated each day. The Dispatcher must take multi-tasking to a new level and must be able to handle significant pressure. Each Dispatcher must have better than average communication and organizational skills. The Dispatch Team Member is expected to be able to communicate on the phone and radio, schedule and dispatch using a computer and track ridership using a computer.
- Coordinate and process daily as well as special transportation events.
- Communicate needs as needed within this context.
- Direct and coordinate field transportation operations as directed by Dispatch Assistant Manager or as needed.
- Respond appropriately to needs communicated via radio and land-lines.
- Monitor and document departmental personnel with respect to process and procedures involving, but not limited to: radio calls and proper procedures, proper driver check-in and check-out / punctuality procedures, proper reporting procedures, proper notification of random and reasonable suspicion drug / alcohol test procedures.
- Assign and dispatch appropriate vehicle equipment per event.
- Work closely with all other transportation departments to ensure efficient and timely service for guests.
- Be first response for emergencies. Act as communication hub for management and staff during any emergencies
- Data entry as required—including but not limited to all ridership data.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per season to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department’s environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Reports to Support Operations Manager, works closely with daily operations Manager On Duty
- Previous experience demonstrating an ability to organize, prioritize and process information. Must have good multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to attend to details and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated good customer service skills. Proper phone etiquette.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills, including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a high pressure environment.
- Previous experience in a transportation related dispatch office preferred.
- Previous experience in office related work a plus
- Previous customer service experience helpful.
- Telephone, calculator, photocopier, computer, short wave radio transmitter and receiver
- Little or No Travel (>10%)
- LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
- Frequent: bending, keying, speaking, standing,walking and lifting
- Constant: hearing, reaching and seeing