About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The WAC Reservations Agent is an essential front line position within the concession operation at Denali National Park. This team member is responsible for ensuring the highest customer service levels possible while ticketing passengers, reserving campsites and providing information about the Park and surrounding area as well as sell a range of merchandise to guests in a retail environment. Since this position is often the first park staff that the visitor interacts with, it is important this team member has a thorough knowledge of in-park operations as well as having a professional and courteous demeanor. Previous customer service experience is desired, but will train the right candidate.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with our computer reservation system, a Windows-based system.
- Conduct sales and reservations transactions to customers accessing the Transit System as well as for campgrounds and tours. Included in all transactions, but not limited to are: input of data correctly into the SMS system and positive interaction with the customer designed to respond as appropriate to their specific needs and desires.
- Assist customers with any other inquiries, including directing them to the Information Desk or NPS Denali Visitor Center when appropriate.
- Assist with expediting tasks either with Transit or Tour.
- Assist with tour ticketing Maintain a bank and be accountable for all of your transactions on a daily basis.
- Sell a range of merchandise to guests in a retail environment.
- Stocks, inventories, prices, and displays products.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Wilderness Access Center Manager.
- Assist with phone inquiries from clients or other departments.
- Employee should be able to work in a fast paced environment engaging with both the customer as well as complete computer transactions
- Employee should have strong computer skills
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per season to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department’s environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Status and Scope:
- High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred; current student considered.
- Previous experience in housekeeping or food service is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Must able effectively communicate with others and follow written/oral instructions and procedures.