Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Based in Denali National Park; this Assistant Manager role is responsible for assisting the Food & Beverage Manager with all food and beverage based operations for the front of the house operations.
• Control of daily, weekly, and monthly labor costs and proper staffing to established budget standards; identify and report variances.
• Manage food and supply costs that meet budget guidelines; identify and report variances.
• Effectively communicate with employees, guests, and vendors while diplomatically handling guest complaints.
• Perform employee performance appraisals; provide coaching and utilize principals of progressive discipline.
• Take charge when unforeseen complications arise and maintain a positive attitude during stressful situations.
• Manage diverse populations in a positive and supportive manner on a daily basis.
• Maintain a positive relationship with National Park Service and achieve a score of "Satisfactory on all inspections.
• Maintain a professional appearance, and ensure that the guest dining room is clean and appealing at all times.
• Maintain quality food appearance and a smooth flow of products and service from kitchen to guest.
• Perform monthly inventories, control of food and beverage costs to established budgets.
• Ability to pass TIPS and ServSafe training courses after instruction.
• Ensure all departmental paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
• Other duties as required or assigned. Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions.
• Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.