About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: Responsible for welcoming guests and staff in a friendly courteous manner. Assisting Guest service agents with the front desk and daily operations. Answering internal and external telephone calls. Assisting with guest laundry service and deliveries to guestrooms. Helping with shuttling guests and staff when needed. Assisting guests with their luggage upon check-in and checkout. Cleaning company vehicles when needed.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities :
- Recognizes customers immediately with a warm and hospitable welcome. Identifies and inquires about guest needs to better serve them during their visit.
- Serves all guests with a smile and a can-do attitude
- Responds to inquiries with accurate information regarding location specific features and services. Knowledgeable with daily functions, VIPs, and any other special event occurring in or pertaining to the location. Provides clear and understandable directions to all facility areas and nearby attractions.
- Has full empowerment to make decisions and immediately solve any guest issue or problem.
- Constant awareness of all important functions occurring in the location in order to direct and assist guests.
- Manages lines of guests waiting for any front office service by engaging them individually and identifying if their needs can be better served by another department.
- Coordinates with Guest Services staff regarding daily VIP arrivals and special guests. Also identifies past guests with special requests/needs. Communicates regularly with guests to ensure they are enjoying their stay.
- Reads and makes daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management. Meets daily with the Front Office Manager to go over any comments or issues.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Assists Convention services and Housekeeping with special needs
- Operates various office machines.
- Maintains an open line of communication between guests, management, and service staff.
- Attends any required meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- One year experience as a Bellman or comparable service position.
- High School diploma or equivalent