About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Safety & Security Supervisor
Job Summary: Under general direction, in addition to the routine duties of a Security Officer, is responsible for providing supervision to assigned shift, ensures the safety of location personnel and property, ensures compliance with established policies and procedures by assigned employees in order to maintain an environment free from outside forces or others who may endanger the location community. In addition, the Security Supervisor will perform supervisory and procedural administrative duties in addition to or the absence of a Security Manager or Assistant Security Manager. In the event that two Security Supervisors are on duty at the same time, date of appointment will dictate supervisory hierarchy.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provides internal/external patrol of buildings and surrounding property.
- Locks and unlocks doors to permit entry at appropriate times. Checks buildings and work areas when not open for business.
- Monitors cameras, alarm systems, access control, and admits appropriate personnel per authorized staff lists.
- Conducts ongoing inspections of buildings and grounds to detect safety violations and hazards.
- Prepares Safety Condition Reports and work orders where appropriate.
- Responds to all emergency situations.
- Takes possession of found property.
- Escorts guests, visitors, and employees.
- Conducts investigations of alleged violations of criminal law and company policy.
- Inspects packages, locker rooms, etc., for detection of and/or prevention of criminal law and violation of company policy.
Prepares Accurate and Complete Written Reports
- Prepares the following reports when circumstances require: Accidental Injury, Auto Accident, Offense Report, Daily Report, Safety Condition Report, Vehicle Identification Report, Field Interview Report
- Maintains strict confidentiality of security information.
- Notifies Security Manager when problems are encountered.
- Makes telephone contact with outside agencies and general public.
- Establishes contact with local Fire/Police officials for assistance.
- Provides non-liable information to guests, visitors, and staff.
Control Parking and Vehicular Traffic
- Controls entrances as assigned, regulating movement of pedestrians and traffic.
- Assists motorists in starting vehicles and/or contact appropriate services as needed.
- Shuttles guests and employees between locatoin buildings and parking lots.
- Reviews all reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures reports are completed in a timely fashion.
- Prepares monthly Crime and Incident Report.
- Ensures new employees are properly trained and monitor progress during probation.
- Conducts in-service training in areas which indicate need for education.
- Assists with the evaluation of employee performance on an ongoing basis.
- Assumes outcome of delegated work.
- Ensures compliance of location policy and procedures.
- Maintains sound working rapport with other departmental supervisors.
- Assists in developing objectives in accordance with those of the location.
- Makes proposals or recommendations for equipment, staffing, policy, and procedures which will assist with the efficient and effective operation of the Security Department.
- Plans and executes special projects assigned by the Security Manager.
- Executes plans according to priorities and with agreed upon time frames.
- Prepares monthly work schedule.
Solves Problems/Decision Making
- Handles routine problems independently.
- Handles complaints involving security personnel.
- Informs Security Manager of non-routine situations.
- Makes correct decisions within limits of authority.
- 3 years experience in security or related law enforcement field.
- Associate Degree in Administration of Justice or related field preferred.
- Candidates are required to successfully obtain a County Security Officer License as well as maintain First Aid, AED, CPR, and Blood Bourne Pathogen training and certifications.
- Valid “For Hire” driver's license required.
- The candidate must display a thorough working knowledge of all procedures, policies, S.O.P.s, and employee guidelines as they apply to the location and to the Security department specifically.
- The candidate will have demonstrated a practical working knowledge of security procedures, both on a daily basis and emergency situations as they arise.
- Must possess reading and writing skills and must also display an above average proficiency in documentation and report writing.
- The candidate must maintain a minimum of an “A” rating on their annual performance evaluation.