About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Responsible for operating waste treatment plants. Operates machinery that converts wastewater in drains and sewers into a form that's safe to release into the environment.
An ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to work with skilled and unskilled personnel within the Facility Services Department.
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to follow instructions and express ideas effectively and concisely.
- Willing to seek training to enhance or learn new skills.
- Accessible and available in the event of emergencies or when needed to meet the ongoing missions of the Facility Services Department.
- Knowledge and technical skills required for the repair and maintenance of plumbing, heating, electrical systems, fixtures, devices, and applications.
- A valid Driver’s License.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs heating plant equipment such as: pumps, compressors, reducing stations, and heat exchangers.
- Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment such as repacking and reheating valves, repacking pump seals, and greasing machinery.
- Performs annual maintenance overhauls on boilers including entering boiler firebox, water drum, breeching and flue to clean off soot and deposits.
- Performs repairs to boiler and high pressure steam piping and fittings using hand tools.
- Takes directions from and assists the Lead Boiler Operator as required.Repairs air conditioning, heating, plumbing, and electrical systems as required.
- Monitors running equipment, reads and records log entries; i.e., temperatures, pressures, flows, etc.
- Collects water samples, and adds chemicals to tower and chilled water systems when assigned.
- Responds to alarms, i.e., fire, smoke received by the Central Plant.
- Performs basic cleaning duties in the Central Plant.
- Paints equipment in Central Plant when required.
- Labels various mechanical equipment by name, function, flow, etc.
- Performs other related and unrelated duties when assigned.
- Control equipment and monitor processes that remove or destroy harmful materials, chemicals, and microorganisms from wastewater.
- Run tests to make sure that the processes are working correctly.
- Keep records of water quality and other indicators.
- Operate and maintain the pumps and motors that move water and wastewater through filtration systems.
- Monitor the indicators at their plants and make adjustments as necessary.
- Read meters and gauges to make sure that plant equipment is working properly.
- Take samples and run tests to determine the quality of the water being produced.
- Adjust the amount of chemicals, such as chlorine and fluorine, being added to the water.
- Use computerized systems to monitor plant processes.
- Plan emergency reaction protocols.
- Fix chemical leaks and oxygen deficiencies.
- Keep records that document compliance.
Experience and Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Technical/vocational education and training in operations and maintenance of boilers, chillers, turbines, generators or control systems is desired.