Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
The Front Desk Supervisor is required to welcome and accommodate guests and staff in an effective and courteous manner. Directly participates in operating a traditional 24-hour, seven days a week, hotel-style front desk operation. The Front Desk Supervisor answers external and internal telephone calls taking and delivering messages as needed, provides guest services at the lodge so each staff member and guest experiences a positive impression of the facility, works in conjunction with all guest service employees and deals with any lodge guests and employees who require or request hospitality services.
- Empowered to make decisions that directly affect the guest’s experience in a positive fashion.
- The front desk will be staffed to provide services 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- After training, must display a working knowledge of emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be insured.
- Utilizes the radio/paging internal communication system used throughout the facility.
- Acts as the reservation attendant.
- Assists in coordinating registration functions for all guests.
- Daily front desk checklist tasks that include:
- Check in and check out functions.
- Guest orientation of the local area and the Lodge facilities.
- Preparation and hand out of name tags and other orientation information.
- Proper telephone service techniques and reservation system operation.
- Handling of guest mail, messages, and special deliveries.
- Full understanding and utilization of the property management system. (SMS and Retail Pro)
- Familiarization with night audit functions.
- Assist all guests in any way possible.
- Maintain a limited supply of sundries.
- Communicate specials, packages and special events to all front desk agents
- Reconciles disputed guest charges.
- Provides explanation for paid outs, miscellaneous charges, and allowances (must have the approval of the manager on duty).
- Participates in Quality Assurance Programs and reviews to address areas in need of improvement.
- Assists with storing and inventorying of supplies necessary to perform daily operations.
- Works within the key issuance and control program to ensure total key control and quality assurance.
- Communicates closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Responsible for sale of gift shop items.
- Responsible for keeping the gift shop area cleaned & well stocked.
- Active departmental participation in training programs as directed by the General Manager.
- In the event of inclement weather, will be required to remain on sight and on duty until replaced.
- Follows ARAMARK policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- Work Night Audit shifts as required
- Work with FOM on FIT Reservations and billing
- Work with FOM on monitoring, hard blocking, advance deposits, cancellations and oversold situations.
- May be asked to work MOD shifts.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
Status and Scope:
Reports to Front Office Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Can read, understand and clearly speak English.
- A driver’s license is necessary.
- Minimum of two years experience in a like employment.
Company Vehicle, computer, and golf cart
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds