About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: This position is primarily responsible for small equipment repair, laundry of cleaning supplies, and warehouse organization/maintenance.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and safety of the maintenance shop, maintenance work areas, and helps maintain the cleanliness and safety of the property as a whole.
- Responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of property (facilities, structures, grounds, systems, and any components thereof) and coordinates and supervises all upkeep, maintenance, and repair functions.
- Manages the disposal of the property’s recycling and garbage items.
- Establishes and/or maintains working relationships with NPS personnel and agencies, outside contractors, vendors, and all (on and off-site) Aramark team members. Maintains an updated contact list and negotiates prices with vendors and contractors as needed.
- Leads the property’s recycling program and educate team members on how to participate in it.
- Prepares the property for different inspections.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of parts and supplies and stores them in a safe, organized manner.
- Ensures self and team are available to fuel both company vehicles as well as boats that dock at the national park dock and makes certain fuel dock is closed in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures self and team communicates with front desk and housekeeping regarding the status of rooms to ensure issues are resolved before they interfere with guest experience.
- Tours and inspects the property (regularly) to ensure total quality management requirements in maintenance operations.
- Reviews work orders to determine priority, material, and labor needed to complete the project and provides feedback on completion rates.
- Responsible for budgeting labor, supplies, equipment, related services, and material for cost-effective operations.
- Ensures the safe condition of all facility equipment, tools, machinery, buildings, grounds, utility systems, and vehicles.
- Assists with IT related issues on property.
- Logs all maintenance issues, actions taken to resolve them, and start as well as end date.
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets.
- Performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets.
- Services appliances, kitchen, and emergency equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance of septic system.
- Ensures self and team are available to move and assist in moving furniture and equipment.
- Exercises discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person.
- Plans and implements opening/closing and operation activities for property.
- Participates in team environment by helping team members and ensuring self and team are available to help other departments as needed.
- Identifies areas for improvement and makes recommendations.
- Ensures all work is completed in a safe manner and as per company policy and procedures.
- Responsible for work related material estimating and requisition and reviews orders for accuracy and requirement. All orders must be approved by general manager.
- Assists in developing and implementing new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating cost.
- Responsible for safety and sanitation practices and initiatives throughout the property.
- Maintains current written policies for ensuring the safe operations of facilities and equipment owned or assigned to the company and for the health and safety of maintenance team members.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Safe and efficient operation of motor vehicles
- Must possess a valid Driver's License; CDL Driver's License may be required
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years driving experience
- Small equipment repair experience required
- Must be able to read and follow instructions
- Average communication skills (oral and written) are needed