Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Provides all general support of HR and Payroll to the Lake Tahoe Operations. Will provide leadership and support to managers and employees throughout the organization. Will assist in identifying best practices and organizational efficiencies, as well as coach and train front line managers to properly apply human resource, payroll policies and programs within the unit. Responsibilities to include managing, processing and implementation of the following but not limited to payroll, benefits, employee incentives, retention, turnover, recruitment, safety, training and development. Must be able to create, plan and manage creative HR and Payroll strategies. Knowledge of EEO and Payroll laws as well as general HR policies.
- Develop and implement internal HR and Payroll processes and procedures within ARAMARK guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment/payroll laws and regulations.
- Responsible for day to day HR functions including assisting with recruiting, staffing, hiring, training, development, coaching, incentives, and disciplinary procedures.
- Assist in designing, planning and presenting new hire Orientations.
- Plan and execute monthly employee events.
- Assist with Wage & Hour compliance and trainings.
- Assist with H.I.R.E.S. implementation and compliance.
- Accurately inputs data corrections, tip allocations, tip charges, vacation, PTO, Holiday, salaried employee wages, etc
- Responsible for maintaining employee personnel files, confidential files, medical files and I-9 files
- Oversees and maintains new hire paperwork and keeps up with the day to day filing needs.
- Ability to listen to employee concerns and have exceptional analytical problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Downloads data from ABI/TCS and works with support or IT when there is a problem transmitting or with the equipment.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
Status and Scope:
This position reports to the Human Resources Manager. Must be able to work with a diverse workforce and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- 2-5 years in office setting and administrative functions, experience in HR preferred, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be computer literate; proficiency with Power Point, Excel, Word, Adobe & Outlook.
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with all company staff. Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
- Knowledge of California & Nevada Payroll, Wage & Hour, Labor & Employment Laws preferred.
Computer, copier, fax, phone, radio, scanner, laminator, label maker
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds