Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: This position is a member of the JV Maintenance crew. This department maintains our Transportation facilities as well as several public facilities (Morino Grill, Riley Creek Mercantile, Wilderness Access Center (WAC), Riley Creek Campground, Savage River Campground, and Primrose). Requires an extremely self-motivated person who can work with limited supervision. A Maintenance worker is required to have the skills to perform in all aspects of facilities maintenance with skills, competences and a strong attention to detail and doing, the proper repairs the first time. Requires the ability to use limited recourses and creative thinking. A can do attitude and behaviors is a must.
- Speak, read, and write English.
- Lifting and carrying 50 pounds
- Constant bending and movement
- Assist with daily work orders and projects, including grounds labor when required. Must have full working knowledge of all trades.
- Must have basic working knowledge of all building trades.
- Keep track of parts and supplies used.
- Complete other projects as assigned by JV Facilities Manager or Maintenance Supervisor
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per season to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department's environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
Status and Scope: Reports to JV Facility Maintenance Manager and or maintenance supervisor.
- General Maintenance and Repair of Buildings, Facilities, Equipment, and Grounds Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various facilities/sites including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, glazier, masonry, sheet rock & dry wall, and painting tasks; repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets; performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets; repairs door hinges; changes filters on heating, ventilating and air conditioning units; services appliances, kitchen, and emergency equipment; hooks up appliances; Trouble shoot mechanical malfunctions; installs and maintains drinking fountains; repairs/replaces hot water heaters.
- Assists in moving furniture and equipment at various facilities/sites; exercises discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person; annotates and updates work logs for specific site requirements; activates and deactivates building alarms and responds to alarm calls during and after regular work hours; maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
- Glazier: Removes broken glass, putty or plastic; replaces windows and door hardware; replaces or arranges for replacement of glass for windows, doors, and light fixtures.
- Electrical: Performs basic electrical installation and repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances; repairs lighting systems; inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions.
- Plumbing/Painting: Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces / repairs washers and other minor parts; maintains and monitors septic system; Assist in spring "water up and Fall water blow down; applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain; repairs wall coverings.
- Masonry: Lays forms, mixes, pours, and finishes concrete for buildings, sidewalks and slabs.
- Drywall and Sheet Rock installation and repair. Mixing drywall mud, matching wall textures and paper coverings.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have valid Driver's License and be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a journey level knowledge of all tools appropriate for trade.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of MS Office software and be proficient in researching parts.