Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark is committed to hiring the most qualified individuals available, and to maintaining an environment where the best people want to work. The Adjudication Senior Specialist serves a critical role in Aramark’s hiring process and enables Aramark’s managers and human resources professionals to make employment decisions consistent with applicable laws, rules and regulations governing the pre-employment screening process. The Adjudication Senior Specialist works closely with Human Resources, Operations, Compliance and Global Security. During peak seasons this role will be a working manager and expected to adjudicate cases in addition to leading the team.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of background screening and adjudication services to mitigate foreseeable risk to Aramark.
- Develop and coach a team of specialists to ensure all performance expectations are achieved.
- Manage escalated workflow from adjudication team members to ensure individualized assessments are performed correctly and in compliance with Aramark’s background check process. This can include fingerprinting, clearance requirements, occupational licenses and registrations, individual specifics, job-relatedness components, client requirements, etc.
- Interface with vendor(s) to ensure optimal service is being delivered and escalations are handled effectively
- Develop, review and present periodic reports/metrics to determine if service level agreements are met and/or exceeded. Identify variances and take swift action to rectify trending performance issues (vendor and/or internal) where evident
- Consult with internal groups such as Aramark’s Global Security team, Employment Legal and/or the Employment Relations COE to properly assess the level of risk to Aramark and determine go-forward approach. Document and communicate determinations to internal business partners and/or team
- Collaborate with internal business partners and external vendor (s) to stay abreast of changing business needs and/or changes to relevant laws and regulations.
- Leverage operational expertise to drive continuous improvement efforts that refine and optimize adjudication processes
- Assist with background check practices in other business areas such as volunteers and temporary labor
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- 6-8 years relevant experience in in human resources, operations, law enforcement, criminal justice or the legal profession and 3+ years people management experience
- Ability to work independently and/or with minimal direction;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with an ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to manage a wide variety of confidential information on a regular basis
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, proven attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build influence through logical and convincing decision making
- Experience using electronic case management technology to track and access information
- Experience working with KPIs and SLAs
- Demonstrated focus on ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and the stages of adjudication in criminal matters a plus
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, as well as anti-discrimination laws a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer (or similar web browsers)