Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Responsible for the set-up, service and cleaning of pastry area and preparing a variety of baked goods daily.
• Follow procedures and directions of management
• Assist in developing and tasting recipes
• Does specialized pastries for catering events and specialized decorating when needed
• Checks for color coordination and eye appeal of all food items, both hot and cold, using appropriate garnishes where practical.
• Follows proper serving methods, including serving correct portion sizes
• Follows recipes and cooking procedures as directed by Executive Chef
• Sees that menu board is prepared and proper terms are used for all food items.
• Break-down and cleaning of various stations.
• Should be capable of assuming responsibility for a short period of time without a manager present.
• Inspects all areas and locks secured areas at the end of shift.
• Follows cleaning checklist.
• Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
• Follows ARAMARK policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and insures compliance with these policies and procedures.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
• Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards.
• Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
• Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
• Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per year to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department’s environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
Two (2) years associates degree or bachelor’s degree from a four (4) year college desired.
Minimum one year previous food service experience.