About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: Diet Clerks are responsible for serving as a liaison to other departments for the purpose of providing assistance and information concerning patient meal services.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a friendly, efficient, and positive customer service attitude towards customers, clients, and co-workers; responsive to customer needs.
- Keeps patient diet order lists, tube feeding lists, and other communication devices current, recording diet changes as necessary.
- Collects, corrects, and updates menus according to physician orders and nutrition requirements.
- Greets patients and informs of menu selection process in a timely fashion.
- Communicates in a responsive manner to personnel in other departments to ensure quality patient care.
- Confers with dieticians or appropriate manager regarding problems related to nutrition care service and distribution of food to assigned patients.
- Prepares menus for distribution and tally and reviews for completeness; brings any problems to attention of clinical staff.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of patient menus, education materials, forms, and supplies.
- Processes nourishment orders according to the Aramark established procedures.
- Assists in the delivery of patient meal trays and food items to the assigned areas within the hospital.
- Reports any problems found during meal service to the dietitian/manager and takes corrective action to resolve any issues as they arise.
- Adheres to all Aramark appearance standards and maintains a professional dress at all times while working.
- Position prefers the individual to have a high school degree or G.E.D.
- Courses in clinical field are preferred. Previous experience as diet clerk or in related field is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.