About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We are currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Manager for Lifeworks in Beaverton, OR.
The Senior Human Resources Manager will utilize solid business acumen to assertively partner with the management team regarding HR, Staffing, ER/LR, policies/procedures, compliance and general management topics. He/she is responsible for providing and maintaining extraordinary levels of service through a high level of influence, execution and prioritizing of duties. The Senior Human Resources Manager will also ensure that all employees working are being treated fairly and correctly under the federal and state guidelines that have been set and that all employees have been trained properly according to corporate, state and federal guideline.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
- Leads positive employee relations efforts within all facilities.
- Leads Performance Reviews
- Conducts annual review of compensation plans for all hourly employees.
- Executes staffing and on-boarding processes for hourly and salary positions.
- Ensures compliance with corporate/district level policies and federal/state governmental agencies.
- Communicates benefits, policy and other HR related changes
- Trains and coaches management/supervisory staff in interviewing, hiring, performance reviews, counseling, diversity, disciplinary and regulatory compliance.
- Manages and reports required HR business metrics (diversity, area labor market info, etc.).
- Maintains accurate information in electronic and paper employee records.
- Conducts wage and employment surveys within area labor market to monitor competitive wage rates and hiring trends.
- Leads resolution of employee relations' issues and conducts investigations as necessary.
- Participate in Job Fairs and campus recruiting (Including culinary schools in the area), and coordinate all recruiting activities related to staffing
- Performance Manage and develop direct reports, and initiate and process progressive disciplinary actions
- Conduct/facilitate and assist with training of hourly employees: New Hire Orientation, TEAM, HACCP, ServSafe, FOCUS, and On the Job Training.
- Attend building safety meetings; help develop incentives for reduction of accidents.
- Develop incentive and recognition programs to help decrease turnover.
- Meet with managers to discuss HR issues at the locations..
- Track training and hourly paperwork; maintain current employee files for audit purposes.
- Develop and maintain Affirmative Action plans at the locations.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position reports to the District Manager/General Manager and has a dotted line into the Human Resources Director of the region.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related industry required
- 8-10 years experience in a Human Resource Generalist role
- PHR/SPHR Certification desired.
- Multi-unit experience strongly preferred.
- Human Resource experience must include specific employment and recruiting experience.
- Experience with matrix reporting and multi-site responsibilities and internal Aramark processes a plus.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is desired.
- Must be able to multi-task and have excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with employees at all levels.