About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The primary responsibility of the Lead Baker is to perform a variety of duties to produce and serve quality baked goods to our customers with the goal to exceed customers’ expectations. The position will follow all Aramark standards, HACCP standards and sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Supervises bakery personnel; duties include planning, organizing, scheduling and directing work, training personnel, and recommending applicants for employment or for discipline, termination or retention.
- Estimates baking needs, requisitions adequate supplies, inventories supplies, and keeps records of products made and used.
- Insures bakery and equipment are maintained according to proper health and sanitation standards.
- Prepares bakery items in accordance with forecasted or tallied quantities and follows established recipes at all times.
- Follows safe work practices when working with and cleaning various pieces of equipment. Reports faulty equipment or environmental hazards to management.
- Documents and utilizes leftovers per Aramark policies and procedures.
- Labels and stores food items to meet regulatory agency standards.
- Prepares baked items to meet department quality standards and be visually attractive to customers. Insures timely preparation to meet service demands.
- Trains new bakers.
- May be responsible for some purchasing.
- May do some cooking.
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedule in order to meet the needs of the department.
- Exhibits behaviors and actions, which create a high level of customer satisfaction and reflects respect for customers’ rights, age, needs and confidentiality.
- Works effectively with minimum supervision. Responds positively when asked to perform other tasks by supervisor/management.
- Maintains attendance as set forth by policy.
- Completes other job-related projects/tasks as directed by management.
- High School Diploma, GED or in process of completion
- 1 year previous institutional baking experience preferred
- Ability to give and receive verbal communication
- Ability to read and write written material (recipes, menus, forms)
- Ability to work with various situations