Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve.
We are currently seeking a Director of Operations for the Aramark operations at the Capital One Arena (Formally Verizon Center).
- As a Director of Operations you will plan, direct and control multiple areas of Premium Services (Club Level, Suites and Catering) to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
- You will be responsible for developing and executing catering solutions to meet customer needs.
- You will ensure catering operations connect to the Executional Framework. This includes delivering consistent quality in planning and execution of events. Leverage established company solutions to ensure consistency, quality and efficiency within consumer driven offerings.
- You will be responsible for the development & growth of management teams.
- The Director of Operations will have daily interaction with multiple client groups and these client's customers and/or employees.
- Responsible for executing catering events of varied size and scope, including staffing and management.
- Developing new concepts to increase existing revenue sources for public foods, premium service and catering outlets
- Partner with the Resident District Manager to plan and execute business development strategy for growth
- Recruitment and development of new and existing managers - management team includes a seasoned/professional group of 30 managers.
- Managing the client relationship at the location, while providing hands on execution management of operations
- Execute business plans to ensure successful concessions, bar and catering operations
- Interact successfully with the client management team
- Recruitment and development of new and existing managers
- Responsible for oversight of high profile, high volume services to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
- Must be able to work an events based schedule which includes nights, holidays and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Progressive Experience in managing a high volume food and beverage facility, preferably in the S&E industry.
- Prior experience managing food and beverage, retail and facilities operations preferred
- Previous experience managing a P&L account with multiple P&L's preferred
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential to success in this role.
- Ability to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management and Aramark support staff.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing demands.
- Ability to work in a multi client environment where clients may have conflicting opinions and ideas about Aramark services and how they are deployed
Must be able to work an events based schedule which includes nights, holidays and weekends