About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Reporting to Food Services Director, the Purchasing Agent plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to purchasing complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments. Level of impact is within own operation.
- Responsible for managing the purchasing, receipt, accounts payable and invoicing of all related items for the operation of the department, within specified limits of delegated authority. Ensures accounts payable is current.
- Works with Director and/or Food Production Manager/Executive Chef to determine adequate levels of inventory necessary for the efficient operation of the department, based on specifications and schedules. Monitors and analyzes daily, weekly and monthly financial and operating reports, and formulates an action plan to correct deviations to business plan and budget.
- Implements and executes established company policies, guidelines and procedures for all food and supplies purchased to achieve highest quality/price value and budget objectives.
- Complies with Aramark programs by purchasing and monitoring specified products and supplies through approved vendors.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Recognizes and adopts the appropriate food purchases to specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
- Joins Chef in reviewing menus and analyzes recipes to determine food, labor and overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes and menu cycle. Maintains inventory at established levels to meet budget objectives.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal purchasing compliance.
- Maintains compliance with Aramark’s standards of operation. Adheres to Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all local, state and federal regulations and codes.
- Participates in the selection process of store room employees to include interviewing and reference checks. Familiarizes new employees with practices of store room.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
- Performs all other related duties
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years’ supervisory experience or Associate’s degree plus 3 - 4 years’ supervisory experience or 6 - 8 years’ supervisory experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in purchasing/receiving/ and procurement, preferably in the Healthcare field.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- The position requires management and leadership skills in addition to good planning and organization skill.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications as well as accounting software, time keeping software and payroll applications is required.
- Position requires the ability to work with confidential employee, client and Aramark information.