Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We are searching for an energetic person to work closely with our catering directors. Our assistant managers play a dynamic role in our business by assisting our clients and providing the exceptional level of service our department is known for. The right candidate will be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude. Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing environment and balance multiple projects at one time. The position is responsible for the various tasks involved in the overall catering operation. Major Activities, Key Results, and Deliverables:
• Assist our Catering Directors in the administration and operations of our catering and concessions departments. • Ensure each guest receives outstanding service by providing a guest-friendly environment. Including but not limited to greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest services for our catering events. • Assist in managing staff of food preparers, cooks, servers, and event employees. • Respond to customers resolving operational issues quickly and quietly with minimal disturbances to an event. • Train staff in food hygiene, safety procedures and customer service. • Implements and maintains guest service standards. • Ensures proper completion from set up through follow-up client meetings. • Responsible for cash handling, safe verification and daily deposits. • Coordinate activities with other internal departments. Participate in management team meetings. Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization. • Develops and is accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt. Directly supervises catering operations including such duties as coordination of staff and rental equipment, set-up, preparation, service, and break down of catered foods, beverages, and events of varying size and complexity.
• Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and utilize proficient time management while remaining client and customer focused.
• Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a team.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Our catering coordinator must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Develops and is accountable for a leadership culture that creates a teamwork environment.
Front-of-house and/or back-of-house. Occasionally inside kitchen area and or dish room; including interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions.
• Two or four-Year degree in hospitality | business and operations | event planning | culinary arts or related degree related program. OR
• At least two (2) years of foodservice | hospitality experience, preferably in a catering or event driven environment.
• Current ServSafe and TIPS/TABS certification preferred, we are willing to train
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.