Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Sr. Specialist Occupational Health and Safety will be responsible for managing programs to drive compliance, reduce/eliminate risk, support growth and protect Aramark’s brand within our North American Food and Facilities operations. In this role, he/she must act as the primary liaison on safety and compliance matters between the business unit and regulatory agencies. He/She will develop/maintain Aramark safety programs, manage audit strategies for key accounts, monitor OSHA compliance performance, and support implementation of Aramark SAFE to achieve Target Zero – no harm to people or the environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: List the principle on-going responsibilities that are necessary to accomplish the purpose of the job.
1) Responsible for development, deployment and maintenance all relevant safety compliance programs. Must have strong working knowledge and practical application of all OSHA/governmental regulatory programs and safety and health laws affecting Aramark locations, processes, and products.
2) Develop and manage a safety self-assessment and/or audit strategy for the enterprise, focused on highest risk accounts
3) Participate and advise in the due diligence process for all enterprise and new business acquisitions and contract renewals to identify safety risks involved with the acquisition and/or scope of work
4) Support SRC strategic plans to ensure effective implementation/compliance with:
SAFE Assessment program – targeting support of highest risk/lowest performing operations
Aramark’s Mobilization (startup) process
When required, on-site crisis/brand protection support
5) Provide Aramark’s Vice President of Safety and Risk Control and the Aramark Compliance Council with routine updates on the state of safety and health risks, compliance and improvement efforts across the enterprise
6) In partnership with T&OD, evaluate compliance training needs, develop structured training and awareness strategies for OSHA regulations and routinely assess effectiveness.
7) Track and update Compliance Council, Legal and SRC of upcoming regulatory changes, emerging trends, and/or changes in safety best practices that could have an impact on Aramark operations. Develop strategies to meet those needs.
8) Increase visibility across Aramark for safety and risk control related issues impacting people and brand. Includes frequent large group presentations, key meeting attendance, senior level one on one meetings, etc.
9) Lead and/or participate in departmental, global and/or cross-functional projects that contribute to enablement of Aramark SAFE standards or other improvement efforts, as required.
10) Advise and coordinate technical support for all high health and safety compliance/risk matters and/or crisis/brand protection events and coordinate with appropriate functions (e.g., Legal, Operations, Claims, HR, etc.) to appropriately and effectively manage risk for the organization.
11) Engage stakeholders and develop preparedness strategies for emerging safety and risk control issues with material impact to the organization.
STATUS AND SCOPE: Describe the reporting relationships, special skills and abilities required to perform essential job functions.
Individual will report to the Safety and Health Director of Safety and Risk Control. Must possess strong communication, consultative and coaching/influencing skills. A demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with senior leaders, as well as influence, motivate and inspire senior leadership. Individual must be client focused with excellent written, verbal and facilitation skills. Individual must be able to work collaboratively with available resources to bring optimal solutions to address diverse organizational and client needs and drive the overall execution and performance of Aramark SAFE
QUALIFICATIONS: Describe experience, education and related coursework typically required or expected to perform essential job functions.